The Preston City Wrestling Thread

After a few more days to reflect on the show and my thoughts and looking through some of the pictures I took on the night, I have to say that I do actually think the venue worked as a fill in pretty well but really can't wait to get back to the old one. Still gutted and confused by the ridiculous arrival of Lionheart, was really hoping to have seen the back of him from PCW altogether, seemingly he will now be around all the time again. I was also pleased for April, she has worked really hard the last year or so and its nice to see her getting some recognition for that, also nice not to see any kind of belt being held by Rayne. I do think PCW is in danger of turning into another of those places just using the same guys as Futureshock, especially with Cyanide and Danny Hope now also in the mix there. Has no one got any imagination these days?

That last bit is inaccurate because Cyanide and Danny Hope are not "Futureshock" guys, they both wrestle for a variety of promotions across the United Kingdom. Promotions tend to work together now and share talent, no-one is exclusive.

It's not a question of having imagination, it's about putting on the best show you can and for that you need guys like Cyanide and Danny Hope. :)

After a few more days to reflect on the show and my thoughts and looking through some of the pictures I took on the night, I have to say that I do actually think the venue worked as a fill in pretty well but really can't wait to get back to the old one. Still gutted and confused by the ridiculous arrival of Lionheart, was really hoping to have seen the back of him from PCW altogether, seemingly he will now be around all the time again. I was also pleased for April, she has worked really hard the last year or so and its nice to see her getting some recognition for that, also nice not to see any kind of belt being held by Rayne. I do think PCW is in danger of turning into another of those places just using the same guys as Futureshock, especially with Cyanide and Danny Hope now also in the mix there. Has no one got any imagination these days?

That last bit is inaccurate because Cyanide and Danny Hope are not "Futureshock" guys, they both wrestle for a variety of promotions across the United Kingdom. Promotions tend to work together now and share talent, no-one is exclusive.

It's not a question of having imagination, it's about putting on the best show you can and for that you need guys like Cyanide and Danny Hope. :)

Obviously i'm not suggesting talent be exclusive but it is becoming pretty similar in roster for both shows now, FSW have started using loads of the same guys that were doing PCW before (like Mastiff & TBone) and PCW seem to be drafting in more and more guys who had been regular Futureshock guys. The promotions in the North West, GPW included don't even seem willing to bring in any other talents from over the country for us to see. I live in preston and don't drive so don't get chance to see any of the out of area guys usually as now all of our local promotions just seem to all want to use the same small pool of talent. My point was mainly that it would be nice if they started bringing in some fresh guys to the area, like from Hull or the Midlands maybe or even from London or Wales. GPW's faction is entirely made up of Futureshock guys.

• Paid Members
Obviously i'm not suggesting talent be exclusive but it is becoming pretty similar in roster for both shows now, FSW have started using loads of the same guys that were doing PCW before (like Mastiff & TBone) and PCW seem to be drafting in more and more guys who had been regular Futureshock guys. The promotions in the North West, GPW included don't even seem willing to bring in any other talents from over the country for us to see. I live in preston and don't drive so don't get chance to see any of the out of area guys usually as now all of our local promotions just seem to all want to use the same small pool of talent. My point was mainly that it would be nice if they started bringing in some fresh guys to the area, like from Hull or the Midlands maybe or even from London or Wales. GPW's faction is entirely made up of Futureshock guys.

That's actually the point of that angle.

The thing is that the wrestlers used are amongst the best in the country. I see three promotions regularly PCW, HXC and Infinite, between them I'm going to have seen most of the UKFF top 50 this year in person over the voting period. I dont drive to any of the shows and get the train to all sorts. There are plenty of out of area talents used, look a bit closer...

Fluds has booked a wide variety of wrestlers from all over the uk inc Ligs,Spud, Marty Scurll, Nathan Cruz, Terry Frazier, Johnny Moss (when he turns up!) MOB Squad and Myatt Legacy. Gresham was a regular when he was over, you then have the Scottish contingent through Lionheart and Kid Fite, the likes of Wild, Blaze, Jesster, Noam and so on, plus (until recently, seperate Eve shenanigans iirc) Kay Lee Ray and Carmel. You then through Des have the RWA stuff and the you've had Shaun The Hammer Davis, Prince Ameen, Cameron Kraze, Dylan Roberts, Dean Allmark, GPW guys, The Blackpool Blonds (before they took events into their own hands), MVK (Again see Blonds) Rampage Brown and so on.

T-Bone also has the ring consideration, hence why so often used, he is also a very good wrestler. . I'm not sure where you are going with this as there are plenty of out of area wrestlers used. I'd like to see Robbie X, Owen Phoenix and a few others in PCW, but I can follow promotions such as Southside and 4fw as well as Attack Pro easily enough from afar, so I'm not sure what the issue is

There are only so many people they can book on one show and the ones from the NW promotions just so happen to be amongst the best in the country at the moment.

Really glad to see Team Single against the Unbreakable F'N Machines. I have really high hopes for this match and I'm sure it will deliver. Interesting to hear about the new venue, whats the capacity of it? Whats the prices of drinks? I hope they aren't the sky high Lava prices. In all fairness from the pictures it looks like a better and more suitable venue for PCW. At some shows when you'd come in abit late it could be difficult to get a decent view of the ring due to the layout of Lava.

I hope they put on Davey Richards Vs Dave Mastiff in a Battle of the Daves. Both have history from the August show last year where Mastiff called him a dickhead in the ring. I'd be a very happy man if they put this match on.

Edited by Twinn

I thought last time Davey was here it was such a shame he was kind of lost in the shuffle in a multi man match and never really got to show the Preston crowd his best, so fingers crossed it will be a one on one where Davey can shine. I'd be very happy with Mastiff vs Richards (if they can work together!) but I'd equally be happy with Trav vs Richards too. As Trav has blown the crowd away with his recent matches with Masters and Steen, so I'd be happy either way.

I hope it's not Dar if he comes back in time, as he and Richards already faced off in Southside last year. Don't get me wrong I like Dar and he had a great match with Davey but I would just love to see something new and different especially if this is Davey Richards last UK appearance before signing for TNA or WWE (he claims he is in negotiations). I also hope it isn't Dave Rayne as part of an angle as Rayne is always talking about not liking the imports, again I like Dave, he is pure entertainment in PCW and but I don't think it would be the optimum use of Davey. Lionheart would be a decent shout for their long overdue rematch, but I'm leaning more towards Mastiff or Trav as while Lionhearts been away they have been doing so well and I don't think it would be fair for Lionheart to jump ahead of them for a big name like Davey after only just coming back.

Machines vs Team Sinlge should be very interested, as should Lufisto vs April. The October show has by far and away the best set of imports PCW has ever had, I'm really looking forward to it.

On Friday shows I thought the venue wasn't as good as Lava but I thought it was still a good place to have a wrestling show. Miles better than 53 Degrees for views.

As for PCW using a lot of similar talents to other North West Promotions, I have no problem with that at all, as the reason for them being booked on them all is because they are the best. If PCW tried to book talent that wasn't being used on those shows it would bring expenses right up to get talent to Preston from much further away or they would be bringing in guys who just aren't good enough to be booked by the others. I'm very happy to see Cyanide brought in as he is great, Danny Hope has been hilarious and is super over with the fans, and if PCW brought in Zack Gibson and Jack Gallagher (when he comes back from Japan) onto the full time roster I'd be very happy.

Edited by king_dezeeuw06

Really glad to see Team Single against the Unbreakable F'N Machines. I have really high hopes for this match and I'm sure it will deliver. Interesting to hear about the new venue, whats the capacity of it? Whats the prices of drinks? I hope they aren't the sky high Lava prices. In all fairness from the pictures it looks like a better and more suitable venue for PCW. At some shows when you'd come in abit late it could be difficult to get a decent view of the ring due to the layout of Lava.

I hope they put on Davey Richards Vs Dave Mastiff in a Battle of the Daves. Both have history from the August show last year where Mastiff called him a dickhead in the ring. I'd be a very happy man if they put this match on.

Drink's prices at Rumes were extortionate, heard moans from lots of places about them especially for pints. 4 bottles for 10 quid though (same as lava) and there were plenty of bar staff on!

The new venue will take some getting used to. It used to be a Cinema/Bingo Hall back in the day.

The balcony is good, but I dont think there is the same atmosphere, The dance floor layout effectively splits the room in half. Great if you pick sides, shite if you want to get to the bar, toilets, smoking area, leave etc. Seats seem a step down from before (think school hall, actually, school hall covers it best I think in general!) Also, with it being Rumes, it will change it's name get refitted in about a year or 18 months or in some cases less. It's had a number of different guises in the last decade or so. From Aqualennium, Pr1, Ethan Jones, Rumes, The Ritz. (Im sure Ive forgotten some!) There is also an ongoing rumour that Walkabout want to get involved in it. The indian/eastern cuisine restaurant attached also changes hands/name quite frequently iirc.

Enjoyed the show and the iron man match was better than expected. Had the usual up and down moments for an hour match but they pulled it off very well I thought. Had to dash at the end so missed whatever happened after the bell so cant comment on that. The ladder match was also great as was the tag title match and my first time seeing Cyanide in a match.

I didn't mind the venue either, yes its not as big as Lava but the more its used, the more it will feel like PCW's home. Don't dismiss something on the first time you see it. I don't think the atmosphere suffered much either if at all as it was the usual crowd in there although the sound system was shite before the intermission.

Plus the view from the balcony was really good and different to the usual of staring over peoples heads to see the action.

That's actually the point of that angle.

Its actually not the point of the angle at all its about guys who feel theyve been "wronged" by GPW over the past 10 years and nothing to do with fsw at all.

Erm....I can name 5 (I edited this post because I put 4 instead of 5, oops!) new non local talents that we've used recently...

Matt Myers from Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire-GPW Back With A Bang 2013

T-Bone from Worcestershire, GPW Back With A Bang 2013-GPW Romance is Dead 2013

The Hunter Brothers from the West Midlands, GPW ThunderBrawl 2013

Kris Travis from Sheffield, Yorkshire, GPW X 2013

Oh and Dylan Roberts is from Wales! :D

:)

PS Hitman is spot on.

Edited by GPW Kristian Zane

• Paid Members
You then through Des have the RWA stuff and the you've had Shaun The Hammer Davis, Prince Ameen, Cameron Kraze, Dylan Roberts, Dean Allmark, GPW guys, The Blackpool Blonds (before they took events into their own hands), MVK (Again see Blonds) Rampage Brown and so on.

What happened with the Blonds?

You then through Des have the RWA stuff and the you've had Shaun The Hammer Davis, Prince Ameen, Cameron Kraze, Dylan Roberts, Dean Allmark, GPW guys, The Blackpool Blonds (before they took events into their own hands), MVK (Again see Blonds) Rampage Brown and so on.

What happened with the Blonds?

I remember with Valkabious's case, he was meant to be sent out and be the latest victim for Shaun Davis, but instead of going out and putting him over, he changed everything about the match, went twice as long as they should have done and spent the match beating down Davis (who was PCW's Ryback at the time). Maybe The Blonds are something to do with that. They were also feuding with The Hammer when they left, right?

Afaik Blond's after match brawl at One But Not Forgotten, when Fight Club won the tag titles which was 'off script' was the reason they were dropped. There are multiple stories as to why dropped out there though!

Afaik Blond's after match brawl at One But Not Forgotten, when Fight Club won the tag titles which was 'off script' was the reason they were dropped. There are multiple stories as to why dropped out there though!

I was in that match and there was an altercation that was done on the fly that nobody was expecting but it was very much a very minor thing that i didnt pay much attention to.

Ive heard other stuff since then but its not for me to say.

Whats done is done now and the Blonds are doing very well elsewhere. I loved working with them as did Keith too.