Sign in to follow this  
Big Benny HG

The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Benno    3

I send stuff too at times but ClassicsGuy is often credited in the Observer with stuff. 

The report neglects to mention the 1200 people got in for free. 

Edited by Benno
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LAC4591    0
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:24 PM, BomberPat said:

A particular DVD in tribute to a deceased star who did more for that company than just about anyone, certainly more than a promoter booking names so he can get them to sign his title belt collection, and who was respected, I daresay loved, by his colleagues and the fanbase. Who the promotion feel they've "earned the right" to stick his name on "tribute shows" without a penny going to his family, or any relevant charity?

I don't think it's overblown for that to piss people off, and I couldn't give a shit if they're on "extremely sound financial footing" - an asshole with money is still an asshole. And if they're on sound financial footing, they shouldn't have any trouble producing a product they promised customers in good faith. That's not an excusable mistake that we can happily write off with "oh well, at least they're booking more British talent now", that's a company taking customers' money and failing to produce the product after nearly two years, while still clearly having the money and means to do so. That would be inexcusable from any company in any line of business, it's irrelevant that it's a wrestling promotion we're talking about.

This does not surprise me one bit. I'm still waiting for my £70.00 refund from the cancelled PCW V ROH show last year.

Seriously?! I got mine after jumping through the various hoops, being vaguely threatened not to open a PayPal dispute, agreeing to some hilarious legal mumbo jumbo, etc.

The vaguely pathetic way they dealt with that whole situation after having my money for four months though is certainly the reason it will remain the first and last time I have anything to do with the company.

Tommy!    53

What shows do they have scheduled in preston for the rest of this year? 

I checked the website but it wasn't too clear on my phone.

janb    1

26th August Girl Power 2 in the Academy

22nd September (Bubblegum vs T-Bone, Hooligans vs NAK...OI4K were billed for this but are they now in Wolves both nights or just the Saturday? FCP and PCW have kind of swapped roles when it comes to imports)

27th October? (originally announced, not yet an event page)

15/16 December (Wrestling World Champs)

janb    1
23 hours ago, janb said:

22nd September (Bubblegum vs T-Bone, Hooligans vs NAK...OI4K were billed for this but are they now in Wolves both nights or just the Saturday? FCP and PCW have kind of swapped roles when it comes to imports)

To answer my question, OI4K not on publicity so in Wolves. Veda Scott and Mike Bailey in Preston.