The non-football kit perving thread

Up Chuck

• Paid Members

Right, this'll probably die on its arse, but I need a break from churning out my fantasy booking final entry so we're doing this. The new football kits thread has been great fun as ever, but those of us who like other sports are missing out on the fun a bit. So here's a place to stick photos of whatever other new kits are coming out, or have just come out, or whatever else.

Predictably enough, I'm gonna start with Leicester Tigers. Here's the current home kit, as debuted in the last 3 games of last season (which I really dislike, but that seems to be how we do things now):

web650newkitgroup1ab_rdax_499x315.jpg

...and the ultra-divisive new away kit that's set Facebook comment threads aflame:

web650-white-alternate-kit-preorder_rdax_499x315.jpg

I'm not a massive fan of either, but I am happy that our badge is the right colours on the away kit this season. Grinds my gears when they change it.

Elsewhere in union, Gloucester have a) plastered themselves in more sponsors than an F1 car and b) gone all Stade Francais with the away kit:

New-Gloucester-Rugby-Kit-13-14.jpg

But I do quite like Leinster's new efforts:

New-Leinster-Rugby-Jersey-2014.jpgLeinster-Away-Kit-2013-14.jpg

Switching sports and continents, I'm a big fan of the new Minnesota Vikings efforts, especially the nifty numbering:

minnesota_vikings_uniform_2013_02.jpg

So bring forth the goodness! Rugby of either code, cricket, American stuff, whatever! Let's not let roundball have all the fun.

• Paid Members

There was a fun discussion about Stade's kits in a gender studies module of my Masters. Basically centring around the question of whether it's only socially acceptable for men to go round wearing pink flowery shirts if they're doing something overtly macho. I love that they've opened up conversations like that, but I still don't think I can ever forgive them for this nightmare-inducer:

stade-jersey-2010.jpg

• Moderators

Yeah but the brown one the other season was absolutely lovely. If you want to talk horrible shirts, I own this fucking disgusting thing.

IMG_8363.JPG

The bit with all the squares on the shoulder is particularly vile and foul.

Elsewhere in union, Gloucester have a) plastered themselves in more sponsors than an F1 car and b) gone all Stade Francais with the away kit:

New-Gloucester-Rugby-Kit-13-14.jpg

Gloucester havent had a decent kit in years, got a red and white hooped rugby shirt from Sainsbury's of all places as was more traditional :(

• Paid Members

Haha, that's very much of its time, isn't it? (EDIT: Butch's)

Is this the brown one you meant? It is rather nice:

stadefrancaish.jpg

I'm kind of sad we never got to see our tiger stripe kit go up against this, too:

3562.jpg

• Paid Members
Gloucester havent had a decent kit in years, got a red and white hooped rugby shirt from Sainsbury's of all places as was more traditional :(

Along those lines, just popped into the thread to post this, which is the most exciting thing on the kit front for me this summer, which is saying something when Norwich's away kit is as gorgeous as it is. Only a teaser photo so far, but...

BPj5HUXCcAARvMSjpglarge.jpg

it looks like Sale are going to be Sale again! Proper blue & white hoops, which is awesome.

I also very much liked the updated white uniform my 3rd love had for last season's National Championship game:

A_srunDCYAABPrgjpglarge.jpg

Clean, traditional, the way it should be.

• Paid Members

That Sale one does look like it'll be quite nice. Seems like they've been stuck with stock Canterbury stuff for a while. In fact, Canterbury seem to coast a lot - Scotland's shirts come to mind - so Tigers have been pretty lucky with the effort put in so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
There was a fun discussion about Stade's kits in a gender studies module of my Masters. Basically centring around the question of whether it's only socially acceptable for men to go round wearing pink flowery shirts if they're doing something overtly macho. I love that they've opened up conversations like that, but I still don't think I can ever forgive them for this nightmare-inducer:

stade-jersey-2010.jpg

Is that actually real? It looks like something from Jim'll Paint it's Facebook page.

Archived