24/7/13 Smackdown thread discussion spoilers etc

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

This is where you talk about it.

Only watched the Wyatt vs Tons of Funk match so far. Harper and Rowan are really shit. There was a few dodgy edits in the match as if stuff was cut out, too. Their offense is so shit. No power moves or anything. Just throwing arms and dragging heads (?). Bray Wyatt's still great, though. That big dopey one is the pits.

Here's the match. Not a fan of his two mates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOVZnxP850Y

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've seen plenty of Brodie Lee/Luke Harper matches and he's been hit and miss. But since he debuted on the main roster, in the big arenas, his timing has been the pits. Whether its nerves or just the reactions in between the stuff he does being different to a few hundred people in a building, he hasn't looked good. He looks like he's rushing through everything. His mate's far worse, though. He's really shite. Clueless as fuck. He reminds of of a bigger version of the gormless ginger in the Burbs.

Luckily, the entire gimmick is Bray Wyatt. So them being shit really doesn't matter much. And Rowan wears the sheeps head, so he's not going anywhere. I dont know why they even need to wrestle to be honest. They should just knock about with their beards and sheep faces.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm very surprised to see that those two are working tag matches. They did that in NXT, but that's not the same. I figured that they were only coming up to the main shows with Bray to be his heavies, because it's plain as day that without him those two wouldn't get on the main roster for ages, if ever.

I have no idea why you'd build Harper & Rowan as these 2 big guys, and then put them against Tons of Funk. They should have faced Justin Gabriel & Sin Cara or something. I don't have a problem with their offence mind, they're meant to be big tumbling oafs so they can get away with it not looking pretty. I'm fairly sure JBL can cover that up.

But as everyone's said, it's the Bray Wyatt show, so they just come in, clobber some fools and the Bray picks up the pieces. Still, why they would put Harper & Rowan against 2 big guys when they've spent all of their time on NXT fighting Adrian Neville seems weird. Surely you would play to their strengths?

It was a good Smackdown. I'm with Arch, Cody and Sandow getting the big-time treatment was fun. Sandow just casually ordering Christian out of the ring was weird, but I liked it. I fucking hate Christian these days. Not because of how he looks, but because he's always a sign of a pointless match.

I think The Shield and Daniel Bryan have done wonders for Randy Orton. He's been more interesting the last couple of months than he has been since he punted Vince.

The Usos are clearly having a great time having a bigger role on the shows, and they're really enjoyable to watch at the moment.

Punk being on Smackdown elevates the episode, even if it was a big load of nothing. I'd like to see him and Fandango have a match on Raw.

The Wyatt tag team really are crap - as Ian said, they don't do anything good in the ring. The ending seemed blown as well. The dark-haired one was about ten days late stopping Brodus from breaking up the pin, so Brodus just stood there like a spare fat cunt. It was still interesting to see them though.

RVD and Del Rio was a letdown.

• Paid Members

I don't get all the slating for the Wyatt tag match, it was only about 90 seconds long and was perfectly fine. Yeah all they did was clobber Tons Of Funk but that's all they should do. I don't want them doing actual proper wrestling moves, they need to be fighters not wrestlers. The matches are secondary to the gimmick at the moment anyway.

Rhodes needs to lose the mustache now he's a babyface though. They should have Sandow shave it off in a dastardly sneak attack.

• Paid Members
The matches are secondary to the gimmick at the moment anyway.

That's the issue for me. I think seeing those two in a tag match against a couple of nobodies on SmackDown hurts the overall presentation of the Wyatt Family, it chips away at the mystique surrounding the group and exposes big weaknesses in the act. They should stick to the sort of thing they did on Main Event last week, even if the random gang attack has been established as the MO of The Shield, these guys are different enough for it not to feel like the same thing recycled.

I really loved the Cody/Sandow bit, that's exactly how you expect them two characters to interact. Sandow has the kind of gimmick that would run dry in the hands of most people but he's always finding ways to make himself entertaining. Cody's reactions to Sandow's pathetic grovelling was good too, I liked how he was especially pleased with the "you're better looking than me!" line more than the rest of the bollocks coming from Sandow's mouth. The pay off - Sandow doesn't know how to swim - was beautiful. What a fraud.

Everything else was average apart from the fun little six man tag. WWE have lost the plot in making good guys. Dolph is pretty insufferable already. AJ's spent her entire career getting ripped apart for kissing a few blokes ages ago, now Dolph is bragging about how many times he's got his leg over in the week since they've split and . . we're supposed to cheer him for it?

Between this and Raw last week they seem to be fellating Christian and his 'run' pretty hard. I guessing it's either him or RVD that get the shot at Del Rio at Summerslam. I'm in RVD's corner for once on that one.

• Paid Members
How bad was the Ziggler AJ segment. It was terrible on both parts

Aside from the fact that Ziggler spent the whole thing doing a Neil Patrick Harris impression, he was being such an insufferable dick in that segment. It opened with AJ saying she was ready to move on and comes out and treats her like that? Let me tell you, Big E is such a baby face in this feud among two heels for me. I wanted him to rip zigglers throat out

Archived