Netflix hidden gems

DarloKid

with there being so much crap and the search facilities being awful on netflix i was wondering what hidden gems you guys have found be it on the UK or US netflix.

Ive been using letterboxd to unearth some decent stuff to add to my watchlist, but i want more to get my moneys worth as i seem at the moment to be rarely using netflix bar the odd tv show (am not complaining like

• Paid Members
Can someone explain how accessing the US version (predominantly via Xbox) works?

Simplest option, albeit it with a monthly fee of $4.99, is to subscribe to unlock-us, then follow the instructions at http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/por...articles/291532

Basically it routes your Xbox's connection to Netflix through a US server and makes it appear you are in the US. One good thing of Unblock US is that you can go on its website and change your supposed location (and thus the Netflix library you access) back and forth at any time.

The reason it works is that Netflix content is based on where it thinks your computer/device is physically located each time you connect, rather than where you've registered your Netflix account. You don't need to have a US-based Netflix or XBox Live account for it to work.

• Paid Members
Can someone explain how accessing the US version (predominantly via Xbox) works?

Simplest option, albeit it with a monthly fee of $4.99, is to subscribe to unlock-us, then follow the instructions at http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/por...articles/291532

Basically it routes your Xbox's connection to Netflix through a US server and makes it appear you are in the US. One good thing of Unblock US is that you can go on its website and change your supposed location (and thus the Netflix library you access) back and forth at any time.

The reason it works is that Netflix content is based on where it thinks your computer/device is physically located each time you connect, rather than where you've registered your Netflix account. You don't need to have a US-based Netflix or XBox Live account for it to work.

Cheers Lister, you fountain of knowledge you. So I could ditch my Xbox live account? I only use it to access on demand anyway. Sounds like a Winning option...

• Paid Members
Cheers Lister, you fountain of knowledge you. So I could ditch my Xbox live account? I only use it to access on demand anyway. Sounds like a Winning option...

Not 100% sure as I'm a PS3 guy, but I think you need XBox Live to be able to access the Netflix app in the first place. What I meant was that you don't have to do any fake credit card/address business and set up a US account.

• Awards Moderator

Microsoft have taken a lot of stick because you can't get to Netflix without your Xbox Gold account. Absolute bollocks.

Archived