Raw discussion - 15/7

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Bray Wyatts promos make perfect sense if you follow one rule: he thinks he's God. He thinks he's the messiah come down to save us all from this lie we're living in (man). So he talks about how rubbish life is and how powerful he is and how he'll always be there. Because he's a cult leader.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wasn't really into the Wyatt debut, that had more to do with my high expectations. This week was incredible, though. They did a lot in the segment; firmly established Wyatt as a true nut with an agenda, as well as show that he's a hard bastard too. I don't watch NXT, so only read about the Wyatt, but he is excellent. I like the idea of the Family destroying the shite midcard every week and filling that segment with something good. In pure fantasy, it would be cool if they somehow brainwashed Kane and Undertaker, with the goal of setting up some BOD v Wyatt match, can't see them wanting 'Taker playing such a role under Wyatt, though.

Punk/Heyman/Lesnar is bursting with quality. Everybody involved is excellent in their role and the match itself has the potential to be up there with that Lesnar/Cena match last year. Very much looks like they'll follow that formula, with Punk taking a beating. Hopefully Punk beats the MMA fighter with a submission, seeing as I didn't get my Pedigree in an octagon finish for 'Mania.

Hopefully WWE get a hot crowd, next week.

• Moderators
Bray Wyatts promos make perfect sense if you follow one rule: he thinks he's God. He thinks he's the messiah come down to save us all from this lie we're living in (man). So he talks about how rubbish life is and how powerful he is and how he'll always be there. Because he's a cult leader.

The content of Wyatt's promos (and some specific lines in the We're Coming videos) borrow pretty heavily from Charles Manson's prison interviews. The whole 'Family' thing too, obviously.

• Paid Members

You just need to listen to some of the coked up promos of the 80s to realise 'randomness' doesn't hurt a thing. Wyatt came across as a nut job with a crazy agenda, job done. His rambling is far more captivating and realistic than them having some dweeb writer have him recite shitty puns because of his catchphrase. Wyatt has his own voice, which is vital.

• Awards Moderator
The content of Wyatt's promos (and some specific lines in the We're Coming videos) borrow pretty heavily from Charles Manson's prison interviews. The whole 'Family' thing too, obviously.

qj9BeWg.jpg

I wonder if someone like Luke Gallows/chap who changed when he heard the bell ring (Sorry, name escapes me) would have been considered to be part of the Wyatt family?

Would have had the look and persona to fit in perfectly I think.

Speaking of which - what's he up to these days?

(Sorry if it's damn obvious, but I only really follow wrestling via here these days and that's on/off for the main)

I wonder if someone like Luke Gallows/chap who changed when he heard the bell ring (Sorry, name escapes me) would have been considered to be part of the Wyatt family?

Would have had the look and persona to fit in perfectly I think.

Speaking of which - what's he up to these days?

(Sorry if it's damn obvious, but I only really follow wrestling via here these days and that's on/off for the main)

He's was released from TNT yesterday.

• Paid Members

CM Punk dropped the Gallows name a few years back, so he obviously cares. And Gallows was put over huge on the CM Punk DVD. You could put Gallows with the Wyatts easy if you wanted to use his back story. You could do something where Gallows is in the crowd, on the bones of his arse just there to watch the show. He's turned back to a life of drugs (which he was into before he joined the Straight Edge Society) after WWE treated him so bad and sacked him. They could acknowledge him in the crowd, invite him into the ring and give him a beating. He could them join them as this hybrid of Gallows and Festus. Where he's completely out there, but not a retard like Festus was. Saying that, that's more like a Raven's Flock way of getting a new member. If anyone is going to "follow the buzzards" it would be an ex-druggy (in storyline) who got straight and got sacked for no reason. You'd think someone like him would need a leader.

People still remember Gallows. My logic is, if you have a Mattel figure, you are remembered.

Archived