The Pro Wrestling Anthology DVD Set

Legace

• Paid Members

Not to put a serious thought to an otherwise perfectly-lampooned thread, but :

Well was gonna go with some of these -

Well, now you're more in the territory of an actual idea, rather than something as fabulously vague as your initial post.

At a glance you've listed 31 matches from an approximate seven year period and said you were going to use "some" of these. Allowing for adjustment for weightings i.e. you've taken many matches from 1989 and none from 1983, it gives a bit of an idea that by "ever" you really mean "since the 80s" and by "all the greatest matches" you mean "on average about four matches a year, or call it the 40 best matches per decade."

It's a decent idea for a project, but not especially a great idea for a thread, as due to the immense scope the thread would degenerate into a list-a-mania of the worst kind where instead of people getting to give their reasons for each inclusion (and spark actual discussion) they'd just submit a long list of matches which at worst most other people would ignore, or at best glance at and think "yeah, I agree with most of that" and still post nothing.

I think i'd actually enjoy Arch's dvd in a wrestlecrap (not the cunty website) kind of way.

Could always just watch Fall Brawl '98 again.

Big hunks of bait 'n' switch, nonsensical every-man-for-himself team main event, straight one on one match on a PPV when the same men had a cage match on free TV the week before, your World Champion taking the night off, non-finishes galore, a crowd and PPV audience baying for the return of a top star that you'll save for the night after and give them for free, Scott Hall losing a match because he's pissed, Silver King pretending he meets the Cruiserweight weight limit, and Ernest Miller kicking off the show having security restrain him from having a pull-apart brawl with nobody. Lovely.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Air Raid I've a much longer list than that I was just posting part of it to get the ball rolling, I don't have an agenda here lol. If people wanna pass comment on matches that they believe should be included then cool, if they don't think the thread is a good idea or even the project then that's cool too, you spent quite alot of space analyzing stuff that needn't be, it's just a bit of fun lad bloody hell.

• Awards Moderator
If people wanna pass comment on matches that they believe should be included then cool, if they don't think the thread is a good idea or even the project then that's cool too, you spent quite alot of space analyzing stuff that needn't be, it's just a bit of fun lad bloody hell.

Either you want him to discuss it, or you don't. For the record whilst it's a fine matchlisting it's all a bit well-trodden for me; all great sure but they really are those super-obvious 5* workrate type matches. I know that's what you were gunning for but those lists are ten a penny. It's why I'm enjoying the "Top 100 Matches" list we have going here: these are forgotten gems.

And your list needs more Vader.

• Paid Members
Neither of your lists include the awesome match I suggested.

Bastards.

The match was only last week, and you haven't released the DVD yet. Bastard.

If people wanna pass comment on matches that they believe should be included then cool, if they don't think the thread is a good idea or even the project then that's cool too, you spent quite alot of space analyzing stuff that needn't be, it's just a bit of fun lad bloody hell.

Either you want him to discuss it, or you don't. For the record whilst it's a fine matchlisting it's all a bit well-trodden for me; all great sure but they really are those super-obvious 5* workrate type matches. I know that's what you were gunning for but those lists are ten a penny. It's why I'm enjoying the "Top 100 Matches" list we have going here: these are forgotten gems.

And your list needs more Vader.

Instead of trying to get to the bottom of why the thread exists and why I'm doing the project, Air raid could expand on why he thinks it would be good to include pre 1980 stuff and stuff from 83 since he brought it up and since THAT is why the thread exists. Yeah, I get what you're saying about it being full of obvious matches but it is the greatest of all time and as I said earlier that's just a snippet of what I'm including, Vader will be well represented don't worry. Anything of his you think should be on there in particular?

Archived