New Chris Benoit Film - Crossface

Gagnam Style

• Paid Members

That's always been WWE's thing anyway. WWE retains the rights to your name, but the contracts WWE has these wrestlers sign are so flimsy anyone can get their name if they fight for it. They always do. But the wrestlers either dont want to burn a bridge or cant afford it. WWE's got enough money to bully you into dropping whatever it is they have you in court over. This will probably be no different. WWE is a huge part of the Benoit thing, so there's no way this film could be made without a reference or a strong hint regarding them. I cant see them letting this happen.

Christ, they tried to bully the World Wildlife Fund and mucked about with their agreement. They could have been called WWF forever if they werent so stubborn.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TMZ has posted a story correcting an earlier report that Hollywood actor Liev Schreiber was set to play Chris Benoit in the upcoming biopic on the former WWE Superstar's life and tragic end. According to the report, Schreiber's reps say the X-Men star is not on board with the film, currently listed as in pre-production.

The film is based on Matthew Randazzo's biogrophy Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit & The Fall of The Pro Wrestling Industry. It is being directed by foreign film maker Vicente Amorim, and at this time does not have a release date.

• Paid Members
Sandra Bullock is a good Victoria lookalike, but probably out of the realms of an ITV Drama version of Crossface.

But perfect for the all-star Hollywood version starring Charlie Sheen, Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey. Shown on Sky Premier, I'm not having it jump to an ad break right after Mario Lopez pisses on Liev's boots.

I'm struggling to think of who I'd want for Victoria, though.

Walton Goggins.

I reckon Goggins would make a great Eric Bischoff myself.

Dustin Hoffman in his Luck getup as Ric Flair. Freddy Rodriguez as Eddie Guerrero. Idris Elba as old-school Booker T.

I reckon this would be hilarious. If they can't get rights, just change the names a bit like in the old International Superstar Soccer games. Clive Bennet and Vic McCann as the main characters.

• Awards Moderator
If they can't get rights, just change the names a bit like in the old International Superstar Soccer games. Clive Bennet and Vic McCann as the main characters.

Oh man, this is a thread all by itself waiting to happen. Erik Bischon. Definitive Fighter. Bulk Logan. Hillbilly John.

• Paid Members
Dustin Hoffman in his Luck getup as Ric Flair. Freddy Rodriguez as Eddie Guerrero. Idris Elba as old-school Booker T.

I reckon this would be hilarious. If they can't get rights, just change the names a bit like in the old International Superstar Soccer games. Clive Bennet and Vic McCann as the main characters.

ISS Pro ‘97 was the only football game I played and liked. It had its charms.

As everyone knows Samuel L. Jackson is in everything, so I’d cast him as Teddy Long.

• Paid Members
Why is everyone trying to cast Victoria in this never going to probably happen Benoit flick?

Assuming there isn't all that much "this is what happened in the wrestling matches" and more "this is what was going on in Benoit's head and in his personal life, and life on the road" then Vic's a pretty major character. Allegedly.

Archived