New Chris Benoit Film - Crossface

Gagnam Style

According to MoviePilot.com, actor Live Schreiber has been tapped to play the role of Chris Benoit in the upcoming film "Crossface."

The film will span the life and career of Chris Benoit, covering everything from his early days in pro wrestling, to the final days of his life during which he murdered his wife and child.

The movie is being written by Sarah Coulter, and it's being said that people like Triple H and Vince McMahon will be portrayed in the film.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Can't see Jerry McDevitt letting this get through. They'd never let anyone play Vince in a negative roll unless he was on board.

Also is Liev (not Live) Schreiber going to chop his legs off from the knees to play the part of Benoit? Did Warwick Davis not want to take part?

• Paid Members
Can't see Jerry McDevitt letting this get through. They'd never let anyone play Vince in a negative roll unless he was on board.

Also is Liev (not Live) Schreiber going to chop his legs off from the knees to play the part of Benoit? Did Warwick Davis not want to take part?

Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine, who is supposed to be a proper short arse, and I think he's over 6 foot.

If this happens at all, it's probably going to be on the telly, isn't it?

• Paid Members
If this happens at all, it's probably going to be on the telly, isn't it?

Probably an ITV Drama staring Bradley Walsh and Sheridan Smith. I'm a wrestling fan and I have no interest in seeing this as anything other than something to laugh at when they have to find someone to play Mike Graham.

• Paid Members
Sean Bean has to be first choice to play both Triple H and Regal.

He can't, they're both still alive. That'd just confuse Sean if his character is still alive when the credits roll.

He'll have to be Chris Adams.

• Paid Members

If we're pulling out all the stops I want Charlie Sheen to play Bischoff, a drunk unshaven Tommy Lee Jones as Double A, a cameo from Hulk Hogan as himself and Gary Busey as Sid.

I'm struggling to think of who I'd want for Victoria, though.

• Paid Members
Sorry it was put Liev on the websites I saw it on, maybe they could do a character similar to Vince or would that still count as character assassination.

It probably would, yes, but it wouldn't really matter anyway. It's not like Jerry McDevitt is ever going to go to Vince and say "They've changed the character's name. There's nothing we can do." They'll just sue anyway, drag it out as long as possible and force the filmmakers to either drop the film or bankrupt themselves trying to fight a case that they might not win.

The film is never going to happen anyway. I'm sure this story has been going about for a while and there's never been any mention of a Studio being attached. They're just hoping to create a buzz in the hopes that someone'll get interested and pick it up.

Archived