UFC 163: 'Aldo vs Zombie'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some bloke called Francimar Barroso replaces him.

Apparently he is 15-3 with 14 finishes (8 KO, 6 Subs).

I too was looking forward to see what Drysdale could do in the UFC. Hopefully he is not out too long and will fight before the end of 2013.

• Paid Members

I hope that's the last edit I have to make to the opening post. What is it with these summer cards? There's always a couple of these every year that just get infected by the injury plague. I'm shitting it for the rest of August now. August just looks too good to be true.

As I am a Main Card only type of guy these days, below the two top bouts this is looking a bit weak. Thankfully, the Brazil cards are always exciting due to the aggressive styles the Brazilian fighters deploy.

Machida, Zombie and Aldo on top makes this a card I can look forward to, even if the rest if the Main Card is sub standard in terms of name value.

• Paid Members

Joe Rogan can't make this show so Brian Stann will be on colour commentary duties for this one. I quite like this. Could be a breath of fresh air having a different voice to listen to, and I think Stann will do well in the role.

• Paid Members
Joe Rogan can't make this show so Brian Stann will be on colour commentary duties for this one. I quite like this. Could be a breath of fresh air having a different voice to listen to, and I think Stann will do well in the role.

I have to admit Rogan's at the last straw with me now.

He was fucking abysmal for the Silva/Weidman fight. After the first round when Silva kisses Weidman, he proceeds to say as if talking about a cute puppy "awwww, he just kissed him, how can you not love that guy?". You are commentating on a main event title fight for fucks sake.

Granted, he did make up with his comments as the knockout happened, and after it, but he was truly terrible before.

• Paid Members

I always say I like Rogan but I'm finding myself moaning about him more and more recently. He is great in some ways but he's been a bit off for a while now I think. Maybe he needs a break or something, could be burn out. He's still great on his podcast, it's just his commentating I've thought has got a bit shitter of late.

I wouldn't want him gone completely but maybe just have him on the PPVs. There are plenty of fighters they could put in his place on the FOX and FS1 shows. Stann, Florian, Cormier, Rashad, Cruz, SONNEN - any of the FUEL gang. There's Mir and Bonnar who were great in WEC. Oh, and again, Matt Serra! Lightening Rogan's schedule could rejuvenate him when he does be on.

At least he's not Jon 'QVC Presenter' Anik though.

• Paid Members

I think Stann will be really good. He brings the credibility of being a former fighter and he'll know what he's on about, he's likeable, well spoken, he's intelligent. Anyone who's watched him on the FUEL pre/post shows will know how well he breaks down fights and explains them in easy to understand terms.

Actually, thinking about it, there really aren't many fighter/commentators who I didn't like in the role. I even thought Mir was great and I can't stand him. I wasn't keen on Trigg or Frank Shamrock. Oh and Tito was hilariously shite in Affliction. Pierre Guillet...oh alright, fuck this point.

• Paid Members

I think criticising the UFC commentary is pretty harsh tbh. Given it's usually just 2 guys commentating on up to 5hrs of fights I think they do a blinding job. Most sports commentary is full of asinine filler but because, for example, a football match only lasts 90 mins it's less grating/noticeable.

• Paid Members

Rogans great but he can be annoying, maybe as die hards its a case of nit-picking and just noticing traits but id never want to see him be replaced.

That said im looking forward to hearing Stann in the booth, i think he'll be great.

Im all for the UFC mixing up the team more often though.

Archived