Dangerous dogs

Flatulent Dad

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in favour of more control measures but don't think an outright ban is necessary. I'd like to see compulsory licensing for certain breeds introduced and with owners having to undergo a course/test with regular refreshers. I'm also quite favourable to the idea of introducing some more control measures for where certain breeds can be kept, i.e. with adequate exercise space etc.

• Paid Members
Oh wow, that was a really worthwhile bump with loads of useful information.

I read a stub about this recent death the other day - have they said yet what breed it was? Because the article I read at the time didn't.

I grovel before you.

I just thought people would have seen the news.

Anyway it seems this women kept a Dogue weighing in at 12 stone, if you see my dog a few posts up it would be 3 stone bigger in a flat with her daughter. She then went out to a dog rescue and got an american bulldog. The dog had fur missing and scars but she was told it was ok with kids.

So she brought it home where it lived for a few weeks before walking into the little girls bedroom where she was asleep and killing her. The mother stabbed the dog to death.

Thats was a shit storm waiting to happen.

Better?

• Moderators
In these matters 99% of the time I still lean towards the owners being at fault.

Yep. It's true that there are no bad dogs, only bad owners. The 'bully breeds' notorious for chewing up kids' faces aren't inherently dangerous, but their tough-dog rep gets them taken as pets by 'ard nut types who call them Tyson or Satan, use a chain instead of a lead, and raise them to be aggressive. If rappers or drug dealers started posing with Yorkshire Terriers, local street-cocks would be blowing pot smoke in their faces and letting them shit in next door's garden, and you'd get mugshots like this on the front page.

Procuro-Yorkshire-Terrier-20131029074303.jpg

"BAN THESE VILE DEVIL DOGS"

Also, no matter how much you love your dog, and how gentle it is with kids, if you leave it unsupervised alone in a room with a baby, you're a dumb-dumb who shouldn't be allowed dogs or children.

People always forget when they're playing with the family pup, but then they see a rabbit or something and go mental and you go "Oh right, it's an animal, with all the instincts that come with that."

• Paid Members
In these matters 99% of the time I still lean towards the owners being at fault.

Yep. It's true that there are no bad dogs, only bad owners. The 'bully breeds' notorious for chewing up kids' faces aren't inherently dangerous, but their tough-dog rep gets them taken as pets by 'ard nut types who call them Tyson or Satan, use a chain instead of a lead, and raise them to be aggressive. If rappers or drug dealers started posing with Yorkshire Terriers, local street-cocks would be blowing pot smoke in their faces and letting them shit in next door's garden, and you'd get mugshots like this on the front page.

Procuro-Yorkshire-Terrier-20131029074303.jpg

"BAN THESE VILE DEVIL DOGS"

Also, no matter how much you love your dog, and how gentle it is with kids, if you leave it unsupervised alone in a room with a baby, you're a dumb-dumb who shouldn't be allowed dogs or children.

People always forget when they're playing with the family pup, but then they see a rabbit or something and go mental and you go "Oh right, it's an animal, with all the instincts that come with that."

There are bad dogs, Some breeds cant shake what they where breed over 100s of years for. Working/hunting/fighting dogs. You cant just turn that off after years of selective breeding

• Moderators

Of course you can. It's all about knowing the breed and being a decent owner. If you own a dog that is bred for those things you make sure to keep it in an environment that suits it. Furthermore, I would not adopt a dog that had been abused if I had small children.

Again, ask yourself why this dog did this? Perhaps because it had been abused by some piece of shit human?

The talk of banning a breed due to incidents like this is no different than the type of shit that the EDL spout.

• Paid Members
Of course you can. It's all about knowing the breed and being a decent owner. If you own a dog that is bred for those things you make sure to keep it in an environment that suits it. Furthermore, I would not adopt a dog that had been abused if I had small children.

Again, ask yourself why this dog did this? Perhaps because it had been abused by some piece of shit human?

The talk of banning a breed due to incidents like this is no different than the type of shit that the EDL spout.

fila, bully kutta. Are two breeds of dog that should never be owned as a pet. You can be the best owner in the world but these breeds will kill strangers without giving two shits. Im not talking staffs or bulldogs. Just some breeds are more like owning a loaded gun than a dog. Your right about the adopted one that killed that girl i would hazard a guess it was abused

• Moderators
fila, bully kutta. Are two breeds of dog that should never be owned as a pet. You can be the best owner in the world but these breeds will kill strangers without giving two shits. Im not talking staffs or bulldogs. Just some breeds are more like owning a loaded gun than a dog. Your right about the adopted one that killed that girl i would hazard a guess it was abused

Assuming you're not talking about the awful sports company and instead the fila brasileiro breed.

Again, with both breeds you name owning a dog like that should be for people who are well versed in the breed and it's temperament before going out and buying one because "its a proper hard dog".

The comparison of those breeds being a "loaded gun" is so absurd.

• Paid Members

Assuming you're not talking about the awful sports company and instead the fila brasileiro breed.

Again, with both breeds you name owning a dog like that should be for people who are well versed in the breed and it's temperament before going out and buying one because "its a proper hard dog".

The comparison of those breeds being a "loaded gun" is so absurd.

Then will have to differ those dogs are bred to guard, attack and hate anyone that isn't famliy. I don't see why anyone in the UK needs a dog like that. For years and years these traits where promoted and prized in these breeds. The better they where at this job the better the dog. You cant just turn that off by being a good owner.

Archived