The Best of WWE at Madison Square Garden

AshC

I hope there isn't too many PPV matches on the set, I would much prefer rarities from the old televised house shows there.

Yeah me too, there are loads they could pick, from televised house shows im sure. Even though some are obvious, im not that impressed with the first few announced, DiBiase vs Hart yeah cos im a Bret mark so that's good, but most of the others, meh so far.

Maybe they could include 'The Birth Of Hulkamania' vs Sheik, or Hogan vs Flair from 1991 (has that been released?).

Just not the fucking obvious and the repeats please. Probably why im more excited by the Mid South DVD at this point.....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to see HBK/Diesel Vs Taker/Bret and HBK/Diesel in the cage. wwe have definitely got at least some official footage of both. God knows if its the full matches tho

Yeah, ive seen the amatuer footage of HBK/Diesel vs Bret/Taker on YT, but never knew about HBK/Diesel in a cage, would love to see that one.

• Paid Members

Was that show ever filmed? I've seen the fan filmed footage like everyone else but that's it. I'd love to see the whole match. Razor Ramon vs Triple H was on the same card.

I'm sure the Bret/Taker vs Shawn/Diesel match was taped though. Or at least parts of it. Like I said, they definitely aired highlights of the match and Diesel's post-match turn on TV.

Was that show ever filmed? I've seen the fan filmed footage like everyone else but that's it. I'd love to see the whole match. Razor Ramon vs Triple H was on the same card.

I'm sure the Bret/Taker vs Shawn/Diesel match was taped though. Or at least parts of it. Like I said, they definitely aired highlights of the match and Diesel's post-match turn on TV.

I know parts of the Curtain Call were pro taped. I've seen pro shots of Shawns entrance as he gives the Kliq sign coming out

* The Rockers v Brain Busters (Jan 89) is a great match but they already released it on Shawn's set, likewise the March one (on that tag team set they did) and the Rockers/Harts match in November was on one of Shawn's sets.

If they were going to put a Rockers MSG match in, i'd skip those and throw in one their matches v The Powers of Pain (Jan 1990), or the Demolition match with that amazing finisher. Shawn v Kato would be pretty cool too

With those shouts from 93 and 94, is it thought that they might actually have been taped or is it just a fantasy thing? I thought they just weren't taped at all. There are handhelds of some of those you mention kicking around on the streaming sites though, like Quebecers v Bam Bam/Adam bomb, and Doink/Kid (although I can't remember if that was definitely MSG. looked like it though.). The one i'd like to see pro-shot from that era was the mighty Quebecers regaining the titles from Marty and the Kid.

• Paid Members

December 92 was the last show filmed for MSG network. After that, house shows were only taped (often with just one camera) if they specifically wanted to use clips on the regular TV shows.

Hope they put on loads of the unseen house show matches they have in the vault. Boring if the set is just PPV matches that everyone has already seen. There are loads of cool 80s MSG matches that are around in poor quality with the likes of Savage, Bret, Steamboat etc.

Archived