Nicknames From Childhood And Beyond

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Our baz is called, well baz. His name is Ryan and where Baz and Basil, as he also was, stemmed from pre date my knowing him. It did lead to another mate, who we went through a spell on calling Grobolar after the chief inspector in bottom, asked jimmy white for a signed pic for his mate baz so he signed it "to Barry".

We called the other bloke Grobolar for no other reason than it annoyed him and we were cunts.

I've taken to calling one mate Gammon when talking about him to Baz because in Blackpool about 8 years ago he bitched he was short of money then ended up paying the most for a meal of the whole group, which happened to be gammon. It's sort of a joke that he is obsessed with gammon now, jokes about him getting his wife to ware a thong so her arse looks like a gammon ham with the string and such like.

There was a lad a few years below me called Brian who had some mild social interaction thing and would throw a massive wobbler real quick so people called him dangerous Brian. One chap even used to do the comic sound effects from the sketches.

There was a lad, surname Coulderhead. He was called Boulderhead as he had a big head which then became boulderchonk.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some wonderful contributions to this thread. Thanks for making an old man happy.

There was a lad in my brothers year who had yellow and green stains on his teeth. He was called Norwich. The lad who lost all his hair after a medical mishap was Kinder, and any kid who didn't have pubes was called Duncan.

• Paid Members

ebb...it carried down from my dad, i dont really know what it means, but i think the only person who calls me by my birthname now is my mother, and thats because she calls my dad, ebb.

• Paid Members

Just remembered how one of the substitute teachers that became a permanent at the school for all of 6 months before quitting in hatred of the place was affectionately called Timmy after the character from South Park. I don't even think he looked like him but everywhere he went people would just shout it out then run and hide.

We also had an Iranian teacher called Mr Behenpour, who we ended up calling two syllables after explaining how to say his name, he told us was two syllables Be-hen and Pour. He later got one of the class to google him and we found out he'd been kicked out his last school for going mad and throwing a chair at a class. Absolute nutjob, got into a fight with an Iraqi teacher at the school in the first term and made a "its him or me" threat to the Head.

• Paid Members

Ever since my days at primary school, my dad has called me 'Biff'. That's still what he calls me to this day.

The origin of it is the children's book series The Magic Key, which we used to read at primary school. The main characters in the books were three children called Biff, Chip and Kipper. If Wikipedia is to be believed, 80% of you will have read these books when you were kids as part of the National Curriculum too.

Another name he always used to use for me was 'Plug' after the ugly one in the Bash Street Kids. I was mad for The Beano when I was little.

• Paid Members

When i was on myspace when i was 17 i saw a lad put "Big Cock" in front of his name. So being the nobhead i am i started calling myself "Big Cock Connors" when around close group of mates. Connors being my last name and most go by last name around here.

It stuck. I bet people hear people call it me and think what a twat but it's more of a laugh now. It's branched out to BCC,BC or Biggie. Got family all over Facebook so they know about it. Mum even throws out a "BCC" if she thinks she is funny.

LOLBC_zpsde9680ef.png

Having Hughes as a surname i obviously got Hughesy constantly and between the ages of 9-11 my sisters teacher would always call me Mark.....

I've always hated the Hughesy nickname due to it being shit and unimaginative, i told friends at primary call me anything but that, shithead twatface anything other than that. So for a time i was called pukey after i manage to vomit down the whole length of a corridor (pretty long) and then stop just as i got to the toilet after i'd eaten 3 deserts at lunchtime.

At age 10 the iconic classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze came out, a mate (Gareth who for a time was known as knobhead due to a growth on the top of his head, shaped like a small Wotsit) decided Ooze rhymed with Hughes and came up with Oozey. I got that until the last few months of Primary when we had to choose names for our end of year school play, a version of Grease. I couldn't come up with a name so my class mates(& twats) decided i should be called Mophead due to my hair.

At Secondary school creativity was lacking so it was back to Hughesy.

From Primary school we had Stephen who was known as shitpants due to you guested it him shitting his pants several times. that changed when he tried to eat an apple off the christmas tree only to find out it was made of polystyrene. (no i wasn't in the "special class") Polly isn't a good name for a boy.

Looking back at secondary we had a lot of lazy/obvious ones a Ginge, a mouth, a Spazzy Dazzy, Potty Scotty, Little Helen & Fat Helen and Tiny Tits Tina.

• Paid Members
Ever since my days at primary school, my dad has called me 'Biff'. That's still what he calls me to this day.

The origin of it is the children's book series The Magic Key, which we used to read at primary school. The main characters in the books were three children called Biff, Chip and Kipper. If Wikipedia is to be believed, 80% of you will have read these books when you were kids as part of the National Curriculum too.

I had to be one of them in a school play when I was five! Had a big key wrapped in foil and everything.

In the Comp there was my mate Lewys who became known as "Handicap" due to him breaking his wrist in Year 8. There was Nikita who became "Nitty Nikita" after she got Nits in Primary School and that nickname carried on throughout Comp. There was a girl Jade who had rather large arms for a lass so she became known as "Rocky". There was Michael who was short so he became "Midge".

My first year of Uni has just finished and there's a variety of characters there who we've nicknamed. There's Callum who seemingly has an unhealthy obsession with Walruses thus he is nicknamed "The Walrus". On the first day we met he just sort of sat there and didn't really speak. Instead he drew a Walrus. The next time I saw him he was wearing a jumper with a walrus on. Then when he eventually added me on Facebook his cover picture was of a walrus. Interesting lad. There is also:

"Hat-man" a middle aged man who wears a variety of hats

"Indian Welsh Girl" Her name is Yasmin Ijgdoul and she looks like a young Indian woman and yet she has the deepest Welsh accent ever.

"Squeaky Voiced Man" and "Squeaky Voiced Boy" Self explanatory really.

"Man-Child"- A man in his 50's with the face of a 2 year old. Plus the fact that he has a shit between every 1 hour lecture. Incredible bowel movements.

• Paid Members

We had a girl at school called Middle Wicket because whenever a stray ball went flying in the air it always hit her. In retrospect, Bails would have been better.

We also had a kid called Trapdoor on account of his ability to pop up anywhere. Being dragged around C&A by your mum? There was Trapdoor. Visiting your nan in hospital? There was Trapdoor. Going 200 miles to Cadwell to watch your dad race his motorbike? There was Trapdoor.

A very good friend is still called Hutchey to this day on the basis of his mam making him a salad for lunch once.

We called a lad at school Tomato Feet

coz we did a dance class in P.E in barefeet and he had that much dirty between his toes that he could have grown tomato plants in them.

I had 2 nicknames when i was younger, at school i was called Doug coz i looked like the cartoon character

Doug%20Funny.jpg

and the other was Pero and that was down to the fact that for ages my fav footballer was Del Piero, add to that my surname is Perrins. mates would call me Del Pero then after a few years i was just Pero.

My 8 year old still has these books as part of his reading assignments!! Fun wee stories too👍

Should beware of the mocking of others,as that shit can rebound and hit you bad. Mocking my pal with ginger hair in P3, he hit back with I was skinny with a big head, and looked like a Spoon. 22 years later he is bald, and I'm still Spoon

Archived