Who's the UK's best in 2013?

Jason Mayhem

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody else gonna answer this then? It would be swell to find out what Britwres people are rated highly cos I genuinely have no idea.

Alright I'll answer this seriously then.

Top 8 Cruiserweights right now:

El Ligero

Kris Travis

Mark Haskins

Martin Kirby

Marty Scurll

MK McKinnan

Noam Dar

Zack Sabre Jnr

And I could pick many, many more like Robbie X, Lion Kid, Joey Hayes, Dean Allmark, CJ Banks, Jack Gallagher, Mark Andrews, Will Ospreay, Pete Dunne, Benham Ali, Owen Pheonix, Darrell Allen etc etc

Top 8 Heavyweights right now is a completely different matter:

Dave Mastiff

Stixx

Doug Williams

T-Bone

Rampage Brown

Johnny Moss

Trent Seven

Robbie Dynamite

But after you've said names like Max Angelus, Mikey Whiplash, Eddie Ryan, The Coffey brothers, and a few others the list is pretty thin on the ground.

That isn't a problem exclusive to England however.

Top 6 Tag Teams is a more competitive list as the UK scene has some incredible strong tag teams right now:

The LDR's (Zack Sabre Jnr & Marty Scurll)

Project Ego (Martin Kirby & Kris Travis)

The Hunter Brothers (Lee & Jim (Hunter obvs))

The Predators (Paul Malen & Joseph Connors)

Fight Club (Liam Thomson & Kid Fite)

Northern Xposure (Joey Hayes & CJ Banks (Mainly because I want this team to reform))

And then you have Team Single (Rampage Brown & T-Bone), The Dunne Brothers (Pete & Damian), The All Stars (Robbie Dynamite & Mikey Whiplash), The Swords Of Essex (Will Ospreay & Paul Robinson), The London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch), The Lion Hearts (Eddie Ryan & Jason Larusso), The Bhangra Knights (RJ Singh & Darrell Allen), etc.

So yeah you have a pretty deep roster potential.

I remember six years ago when my only experience of BritWres was 1PW's Doncaster Dome shows, then the King Of Europe cup, before very minimally expanding out to 1PW's smaller WMC shows, 3CW and IPW:UK, that when my fiancee came over to England for the first time asking her how she thought the English scene compared to the American, her experiences before ROH and the like. And back then there really was a distance between comparing the two.

Now when she returns to England in October we're going to PCW, SWE twice, 4FW's show with Michinoku Pro and RPW's big York Hall show with Hiroshi Tanahashi and Bret Hart and now I was thinking the other day that I'm going to be taking her to shows that rival their American counterparts if not better them. And it's not just for the imports on said shows, it's for the English talents these shows are ultimately the structure of.

• Paid Members

Cruiserweight wrestling in general in pretty pointless in 2013. What is a cruiserweight when you can have credible contests between a jacked up muscle man against a 5'8" bearded bloke. That whole stigma of cruiserweights has died out. If there was a cruiserweight division at the moment, I'd be asking myself why a 206 pound man can hold the heavyweight belt and the cruiserweights cant break out of their own division.

• Moderators

Just look at someone like Wild Boar Hitchman. He's gotta be about 15st or something, but he looks rummer and tougher than most in wrestling. Weight divisions are dead, now it's about the man.

• Paid Members
Just look at someone like Wild Boar Hitchman. He's gotta be about 15st or something, but he looks rummer and tougher than most in wrestling. Weight divisions are dead, now it's about the man.

He's about 5 feet tall though

I'd say:

HWs - Mikey Whiplash, Lionheart, Rampage Brown, Joey Hayes, Doug Williams, Nathan Cruz, Dave Mastiff, Stixx

CWs - Noam Dar, El Ligero, Marty Scurll, Mark Andrews, MK, James Scott, Paul Robinson, Bubblegum

Tags - Project Ego, London Riots, Bhangra Knights, The Hunters, The Bucky Boys and Fight Club

Archived