Radio UKFF/Podcast

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Whose going to be the head boy then? Has anyone stepped forward outside of this thread and said they will be the mouth yet?

Some great ideas being jotted about regarding content.

This has the potential to be brilliant and/or banned in several states.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Well I'm definitely still interested but I've no idea whether I'd be any use what with not knowing much about wrestling!

Ha, brilliant, I'd shake your hand but I'm allergic to hands.

In fairness, I'd love to help out too. There are some bloody genius posters on here in regards to wrestling knowledge, I'd like to think I have a fairly solid knowledge of late 80's to 2002 WWE and some other mainstream. Not to the level of some of you lot though.

I am however in to music production, so could possibly help with daft jingles etc.

• Paid Members

I listen to dozens of podcasts, and would be happy to give the show a listen and honest feedback before it is released onto the savage public.

• Moderators

Well, if anyone wants to get involved, PM me by MONDAY MORNING. From there, I'll look at who wants to get involved, sort out a format based on who replies and plan to do a pilot during midweek.

It'd help if you say how you want to get involved and why so I can write a format around people. Essentially I'm looking at 10 mins of Britwres, if anyone can help there (promoter preferably), a bit of current wrestling, and take a look at the old. With a few guests we should be able to make an hour fly by. I'll MC it for now until someone better wants to.

I guess I could help. I have a recording studio so, like Jesster, could help out with the recording and editing. Also happy to be the chairman, if we go down a panel discussion type format. Like David Dimbleby, plus my accent is posh enough to counteract all the regional mumbling.

We need a name and a theme tune though. Something that reference a British view on something that's pretty American. Like Queer Eye on The Straight Guy, but wrestling.

Tea With Mark Henry

Red Knobs and Boomsticks

In Bed With Midajah

Butch, Cup Of Tea and the Heartbreak Kid

er...

• Moderators

Not much "mucking in" feedback to be fair, so it's probably not going to happen. A few people have wanted to go in on the tech side, but few have come in on the talk side.

So I'm going to just make my own podcast, and do it thatta'way.

• Paid Members

Well, I'd give it a listen if that's the way it ends up going, as long as you're talking mostly wrestling stuff. Without wanting to blow smoke up your ass too much, I'd say you're probably the man to front it, from what I know of the people on this forum. I reckon you could pull it off, but these things do work better when you've got somebody to actually chat to.

You might find that other forum members are willing to join you for a discussion once in a while, but are not too keen to commit to being a part of it permanently. At least not yet, where everything is up in the air and there's no real indication of what the commitments are in terms of time and effort. To be honest, I'd let the discussion run in this thread for a little longer before jumping straight into it. There's no rush. Maybe try to nail down a rough format and schedule and see if there might be people that would be happy to come on to discuss certain things, depending on the content of the show.

I think it's actually promising that people have volunteered their services on the tech side, as I envisioned that part being the stumbling block, rather than finding willing volunteers to talk shit about wrestling.

Archived