Radio UKFF/Podcast

PowerButchi

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Pitcos' gorgeous voice singing 'congratulations on the continued death of the UKFF' should be the shows intro theme tune.

"Please send your emails to - getwellpitcos@ukff.com - and with your support I will be out of this wheelchair and back at Pizza Hut in no time!"

• Paid Members

Sounds like a great idea, especially since we have so many people on here who really know their stuff in a variety of different areas. Perhaps a few of you could do a pilot to see how it goes and take it from there. Would be a good listen

It's incredibly easy to get a podcast off the ground - you only need people with Skype and a Skype recorder like MP3 Skype Recorder. You can very easily edit in Audacity, or not should you choose not too. Everything mentioned so far is free. Then you need to upload it somewhere to create a feed for iTunes and for people to download outside of a podcast client. I've been doing a podcast for 2 years and swear by Libsyn - I pay $20 a month for 400MB of new audio uploads in that month. Usually the show I do is around 90 minutes and that comes to about 80MB as an MP3 file. Something like Podbean is cheaper (I believe they even do a free option) but be careful as their servers are slow and it can take a long time to download shows, especially via iTunes.

Go for it, I'd listen.

Stuff like podcasts, can you do them over skype and that? That'd be a good way isn't it? Have a mediator, then a few guests and they can whinge and moan or whatever.

I was a guest on a podcast a few weeks ago, I was able to do it through the Skype app on my phone. Dunno how much work it was for the host, but easy enough on my end. Either way, sounds like a very cool idea.

Edit: should have went to the end of the thread, Zeus answered your question far better!

• Paid Members

I could possibly have a word with the guy who's got the Mafia Scum radio running and see about us doing it all through that, no bugger is using it at the moment anyway and they want to get it started up again, at least this way we'll have more content overall going out. That way we can do it like an actual radio station as well and can actually broadcast straight through Winamp either live, or can pre-record and just hit play at the right time slot.

• Paid Members

If there's going to be a reference to off topic, then count me in in some way. Not a lot i could contribute about modern day wrestling, but i sure as hell could talk shite on current affairs*.

* of the late 80's early 90's.

If there's going to be a reference to off topic, then count me in in some way. Not a lot i could contribute about modern day wrestling, but i sure as hell could talk shite on current affairs*.

* of the late 80's early 90's.

I listen to the Joe Rogan Experience a lot and they ramble all over the shop. Even the adverts in the first 10 minutes go off on tangents. And I have to say I like the format, stick a couple of guys in a room together for a couple of hours with some weed and beers and have them talk shit about whatever comes to mind.

Archived