Radio UKFF/Podcast

PowerButchi

Would you want it with a video feed or just audio? If you're doing video Google Hangouts is free, Skype isn't (You have to upgrade to get the group video feature). With just audio then you're better off with an audio service like Mumble, since that'll equalise everyone's volumes for you and is also pretty low on the bandwidth side. Then essentially all you're doing is recording your system audio to something like Audacity.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to be involved somehow. Great idea.

This is the part where I lost interest and decided I'd rather not listen to it ;)

Edit: In all seriousness it does actually sound like a decent idea and would be better than most shit out there

• Paid Members
I'd love to be involved somehow. Great idea.

This is the part where I lost interest and decided I'd rather not listen to it.

:angry: You do know that I LIKE CM Punk, don't you?

• Paid Members
Yeah it seemed a bit harsher than intended after reading it so I made an edit and added a winky face

I knew you were arseing around, really.

I think with the range of opinions and stuff people like on here that it would make for a nice and varied listen and project. We could even try and get some GUESTS. If we get Holly Rocamora on, though, then I'm already bagsying that interview.

• Paid Members

I've thought for a while and only mentioned the other day I think some sort of podcast with Ian and Butch could be money. Several of Ians big themed posts/threads would lend themselves tremendously to a podcast show I think. Except for the ones with pictures. And Butch has a lovely voice.

Sounds like a good format. I'd probably go on about Raw from 1993 and 1994 all the time, though, as that's the only period I know really well. "WHAT IF PERFECT HAD MISSED WITH THE TOWEL?!" and so on.

I think that's where you'd be best cycling guests or having themed episodes or whatever. Have one or two hosts who do it constantly, have a segment where you talk about what's going on now (I guess) and then have 1-3 different guests each week to rabbit on about their thing, like you and RAW 93-94 and air-raid talking about puro or whatever. Ian or Butch, or Ian and Butch would probably be good choice for hosts if they're up for it. Its probably better to have a couple of regulars really. When I did the radio at uni it helped if you had a good rapport with the person you were doing it with. My producer used to spring up guest hosts on the day and without having somebody else there that you've got chemistry with on the air it gets stilted in a hurry.

Then do a segment at the end where UK promoters can promote their shit and charge them!

Well, maybe not the latter.

Archived