Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

It's amazing to see the resurgence of Nick Gage, it's not on a PCO level but he seems to be pretty in demand on the indy circuit these days. He's really a one of a kind wrestler, there's a sense of realism there you just don't get with many guys and he genuinely seems like a mad 'ard bastard.

He has a genuine love for his fans too.

I was lucky enough to be at a big GCW show after he was released from prison & his entrance had to be seen, to be believed. The crowd went nuts & carried on going mental as Gage entered the ring, he hit the ropes & started crying, it really was that emotional. Probably the most unconventional babyface out there, just a fantastic character for that type of wrestling :)

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Merzbow said:

It's amazing to see the resurgence of Nick Gage, it's not on a PCO level but he seems to be pretty in demand on the indy circuit these days. He's really a one of a kind wrestler, there's a sense of realism there you just don't get with many guys and he genuinely seems like a mad 'ard bastard.

I think that's the appeal deathmatch wrestling has for me these days. I don't really have the stomach for the mad dangerous spots any more, but there's something appealing about seeing deathmatches as the last bastion of kayfabe, where the fans absolutely believe these guys are deranged lunatics, and as the last vestige of wrestling being full of mad, broken humans and utter deviants.

• Paid Members

I can't remember whose podcast it was but it was suggested the greatest story line that could be told is for Nick Gage to be in the crowd at MITB when everyone is on the outside climb up grab the case and just get the fuck out of there 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FailedPromoter said:

Both, think it was TOD 3 or 4 that he caught fire and TOD 8 that he sliced his artery, which is when he got the heli ride out of DJ Hyde's grans yard. May be wrong on the events in question but aye, he's been through a canny lot. 

and the stupid cunt tried to cut a promo as he was on his way to bleeding to death

• Paid Members

In fairness to Gage's relative longevity, he spent five years in prison, so it's not like he was getting slammed through burning glass tables for the entire period. 

Was Gage clinically dead for a few minutes after a match, or am I thinking of someone else?

• Paid Members
On 11/10/2018 at 9:33 AM, Egg Shen said:

Nick Gage is one of the last men standing from that original wave of CZW deathmatch guys too, god only knows how that guys body is holding up.

5 years in prison taking no bumps has probably given his body the rest it needed. Also, he was never really in shape, once he got out of the big house he's been in decent nick. He doesn't really seem to take the same level of mental bumps now as he used to either. He was never booked outside CZW before he went to prison, now the guy is booked everywhere. His Twitter is a good laugh too. Happy for him.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Dabu_FuW0AE6L_m.jpg:large

As hard as Joe's trying to look I'd put my money on Nick in that fight.

Oh and some little news I've not seen posted here. Joey Janela has booked Atsushi fucking Onita for next years Spring Break.

That's right outside this great little dive bar just off Bourbon St. Me and my mate wandered in that same night and saw Joe, Gage, Janela and Graves there along with Carmella, one of the Usos, Bray Wyatt and Renee Young and we were just star struck. We just grabbed a table, downed our drinks and fucked off without causing a fuss. WrestleMania is like a reunion for most of these guys, who only see each other maybe once a year, so the last thing they needed was me blabbering on and asking for photos. Still pretty cool though. 

This was the only toilet in the building. No mens or ladies, just this singular room;

IMG-20180405-142807.jpg

We saw Bray walk past us and down the corridor that lead to it, and he came back a few seconds later with the most pissed off look on his face. 

WrestleMania. Showcase of the Immortals.