Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

Ron Mathis vs American Kickboxer II

Both of these guys competed at last year's IWA Deep South Carnage Cup show, and Mathis has made sporadic appearances for CZW, including one of their open air deathmatch shows last summer, so I was familiar with both of the contestants here. AKB II was sporting a different style of mask than I'd seen him in previously, allowing his curly blonde locks to flow freely. He looked a complete prat though, if I'm honest.

This was a drab and dreary affair, for the most part. Very little weapon use occurred, and the style of wrestling could probably be described as

Edited by Richie Freebird

Matt Tremont vs Jimmy Feltcher

Drawing pin pits and bats were the order of the day here, as last year's Masters of Pain winner, Cage of Death Winner and Carnage Cup finalist Matt Tremont took on the flamboyant, morbidly obese cross dresser Jimmy Feltcher. I'd only seen Feltcher once before in a comedy piss about match with Pinky Sanchez, so I had no idea what to make of this fixture as we went into the contest.

In what appeared to be a somewhat reversal of roles, the crowd actually took right to Feltcher's campy antics as he strutted down to the ring attempting to hug and kiss the male members of the crowd. They seemed to like it, some even intentionally invited him over for a brief embrace. Although Tremont is becoming quite respected in the scene, the crowd here, though not booing him, initially seemed to favour the flamboyant fat man.

ns1_zpsed307ea2.png

Even the Bulldozer couldn't resist giving Feltcher a love bite in this one

The match ended up being a fair bit better than I would have guessed based on Feltcher's last appearance on my screen. To be fair to him, though there was nothing intricate going on here, he put up a fairly adequate brawl with the Bulldozer. They both seemed to be having fun, and interacting well with the crowd. Tremont especially tries hard in this respect. He looks like he really wants to be there and give the crowd their money's worth. Maybe being the top dog in deatmatch wrestling is a pretty unhealthy dream, but to give Tremont his due, he has worked hard towards achieving it during his short time in the business.

ns2_zps2b7d7fa7.png

Juicy Jimmy living up to his nickname with a little bit of juicing from tack-shots

Weapon usage was sparse again for a lot of the early going, but I felt that they paced this thing well enough that they didn't need to go to the gimmicks straight away. The main share of the punishment was taken by Tremont when he endured two back bumps and a curb stomp (a fucking curb stomp!) into the pit of drawing pins. Pins aplenty were stuck all over the Bulldozers back, arms and face. The momentum was eventually switched however, and after a chair assisted face wash, Tremont ended up pushing the big man off the middle rope and into the pit. This was followed by a signature frog splash and the inevitable 3 count.

Overall I felt this was a fun little slugger, which was better than it had any right being with a guy as portly as Feltcher in there. A respectable effort from both men.

Semi Finals

Kyle Cobian vs Ron Mathis

Various home made weapons were laid out around the edges of the ring for the first semi final bout, and it felt like the heat was going to slightly cranked up as we progressed deeper into the tournament. Water jug bats, barbed wire crutches, drawing pin guitars and barbed wire nunchuks were just some of the makeshift plunder adoring the mat, as two of the winners from the previous round came out to do it all again.

This one ended up being a tonne of fun, as they made use of all of the weird and wonderful (fan made) weaponry in and around the ringside area. Nothing that we hadn't seen before of course, but Mathis had a good character about him, and once again, the crowd participation was great. You could almost feel the enjoyment in the air of the fans as they handed old computer keyboards and guitar hero plastic guitars to the wrestlers as they made their way around the venue. One of the commentators even gave a

Edited by Richie Freebird

I watched this back about a month ago and with the obvious exception of Zandig/Lobo NRBW, it's pretty much as good as that early 2000's CZW-Style Deathmatch style got. They got the level of nu metal entrance music, passable wrestling, weapon shots, chair/table bumps and 'finishers onto piles of shit' just right.

'Sick' Nick Mondo vs. Messiah w/ both thumbs (EPIC Pro Wrestling: Pain & Suffering 2002)

It's fan cam footage, but the incident is captured here. If / when this comes out on official video, I think a slow-mo replay could be needed to appreciate the full sickness of the bump. The chair leg is literally only impaled for a split second (but long enough to do some serious damage, obviously) so you don't really get that grimacing feeling from watching it in real time, or at least, not from this vantage point.

necroinjury_zps84eebdab.png

The gory hole left behind after the gruesome impalement

To Necro's absolute credit he actually gets back up, gets back onto the ring (it's some kind of no rope match) and takes the pinfall, with his trouser leg absolutely caked in blood. I hope there' no permanent damage here and Necro can recover to lead an active, fulfilling and pain free life.

• 2 weeks later...

One for Richie here which happened on the 31/8/13 between Atushi Onita and Akebono:

Atushi Onita Vs Akebono - Barbed Wire Exploding Super Long Name Of Stuff Deathmatch

The match itself is turd but I think Richie will enjoy its weirdness:

- The match starts off with Onita and Akebono slugging it out.

- All Japan's president Shiraishi puts on a bomb vest and starts getting twitchy at ringside.

- Shiraishi tried to stop the match and threatened to get in the ring. Air Raid's favourite, KENSO ended up in the ring in Shiraishi’s place but ended up eating a poison mist from Onita. KENSO ended up in an explosion himself. (Which will no doubt please Air Raid as well.)

- Shiraishi gets into the ring, charges Onita into the corner for an explosion and flops to the mat.

- Akebono leaves to the back.

- Onita pins Shiraishi for the win and cuts a promo saying he won't forget All Japan, exits to the back with Shiraishi.

Edit: Check out the uploaders channel Dailymotion User SenorLARIATO as well, there's a mix of Japanese stuff. Should be something for everyone in there.

Edited by Rule One

(Picture of Freight Train)

(Confused face)

If you think he looks bad there just listen to one of his promos. I wonder if he's actually a clever guy and this is all just a piss take? He looks and sounds too much of a convincing dribbler for it to be a parody though. Whatever the case, he's shit, and I wouldn't recommend sitting through one of his matches if the one he had at Cage of Carnage was any reflection of his overall talent.

zx1u_freight_auto1_L.jpg

Freight Train baby, Five Dollar Wrestling!

the actual

• 4 weeks later...