Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

Is this any more ridiculous than those times in ECW and ROH when the fans chucked all the chairs in the ring? (I’m sure there will be more examples of this, but those are the two main ones that spring to mind)

GCW knew full well they’d get this sort of reaction, they’ve played into Cardona being ex-WWE and cultivated the fans into thinking he’s not “one of them” from the outset.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I refereed a Fans Bring The Weapons match once. Someone brought a big cardboard tube thing, which turned out to be full of drawing pins. They went fucking everywhere. It was almost certainly someone on here as well. 😂🙈

• Paid Members

Personally when I go to a show I don’t intend to be part of it. Just before the William Eaver incident I was at a prior progress show where not once, but twice they did spots into the crowd. This was the electric Ballroom so only a few rows around the ring as well. One was a senton the other was an Irish whip into chairs. Both times had I not moved away quick enough I would have been hurt. 

On a lighter note, a Aussie promotion I work for, Deathmatch Downunder, had a "fans bring the blocks match".

Only ONE dangerous weapon was delivered (a home made wood block with pins, carpet grippers and a cheese grater attached to it) was dropped off.

The majority of the stuff was blocks of cheddar, blocks of chocolate and lego blocks. God bless those fans.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

The majority of the stuff was blocks of cheddar, blocks of chocolate and lego blocks

I wouldn't fancy a powerbomb onto Lego, that'll hurt like hell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

they definitely are, that's when he started talking it up. He's also trying to fill the "anti-cancel culture" gap in the market, as the first name he said he wanted to work with was Marty Scurll, and he's using the insanely awful, nonsensical slogan "you can't cancel what was cancelled", and posting thinking face emojis about Max Caster, complaining about "woke wrestling fans" and so on.

I genuinely don't expect the show to even go ahead, and if it does, it will likely be a complete flop.