Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Scorch has had a 'mare. That's one of, if not the largest amount of pure heat I've seen a wrestler get in forever. I think any wrestler, especially right now, would kill to get half of that reaction from a crowd. I'm sure Ryder, pissing his own blood everywhere and covered in gashes is very concerned for his safety there.

I’m not saying it’s not heat. He’s done a bang up job, though admittedly he’s not had to do that much. Him being a WWE comedy act did 90% of the work. All I’m saying is the crowd going the extra miles by throwing beer bottles on someone cut to shreds something to commend? To me that’s not what I go to wrestling shows for. Booing the shit out of people, fine. But to me it’s too far. Also, the police analogy was lazy cos ACAB obvs. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m not saying it’s not heat. He’s done a bang up job, though admittedly he’s not had to do that much. Him being a WWE comedy act did 90% of the work. All I’m saying is the crowd going the extra miles by throwing beer bottles on someone cut to shreds something to commend? To me that’s not what I go to wrestling shows for. Booing the shit out of people, fine. But to me it’s too far. Also, the police analogy was lazy cos ACAB obvs. 

Depends on the crowd to be honest. Monday Night Raw? Probably not. A rabid deathmatch promotion with Nick Gage? Yeah this is acceptable in a circumstance like this and as has been said, i’m sure a reaction like this was expected or even planned.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m not saying it’s not heat. He’s done a bang up job, though admittedly he’s not had to do that much. Him being a WWE comedy act did 90% of the work. All I’m saying is the crowd going the extra miles by throwing beer bottles on someone cut to shreds something to commend? To me that’s not what I go to wrestling shows for. Booing the shit out of people, fine. But to me it’s too far.

Would you actually go to one of their shows though?

And do you genuinely believe he's not had to do much? Because you'd be wrong.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Would you actually go to one of their shows though?

And do you genuinely believe he's not had to do much? Because you'd be wrong.

Did you not see his first appearance? He got mega heat by unmasking! 

I mean would I go? As someone not looking to get glass in their eyes or blood over me, probably not. Anyway, here is Matt Carson’s absolutely loving the bottles and pizza cutters being thrown at him for anyone who wants to make their own mind up

I hope there were some Japanese fans in attendance 

found one in slow mo where you can see the pizza cutter. And I’m sure a man cut to shreds loved being covered in beer 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Imagine getting this annoyed by a predetermined outcome. I can imagine the demographic of this promotion is aimed at the more hardcore (no pun) fanbase but do these people not realise that when Cardona loses the belt (likely to Gage) that they will be going mental with glee and probably talk about it for months on end whilst not being able to understand that this needed to happen for that to happen. 

I have said it before but wrestling is fucking weird. 

• Paid Members

I didn’t enjoy the action itself, this stuff just isn’t for me, but I’m here all day long for this angle and the reaction it’s been getting. My only gripe is that Jericho wasn’t involved. Would’ve been amazing if he’d turned up when his music hit.

Fair play to Cardona though. This angle has been excellent and he’s proven his worth massively. Doesn’t even feel like the same guy who I celebrated only being on a short-term deal with AEW.

• Paid Members
On 7/25/2021 at 3:02 AM, HobowithaShotgun said:

This GCW show has been amazing so far. Fucking hell the dart spot is a new one for me in death matches and the visual is sick,

Watching that match now. That's a Yikes from me.