Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

On 5/8/2020 at 7:30 PM, Hugh Thesz said:

I though it was Pogo the Clown who had a rep in XPW for taking advantage of folk.

You're correct in that Pogo did have that reputation, but it's not like there was only one person there who did that.

Supreme, Pogo, New Jack, Sabu... 

• 6 months later...

Less than 15 minutes in to the Nick Gage Invitational 5 and fuck, Mance Warner just messed up some shitarse called Lowlife Louie. Blood flying everywhere like this during the pandemic and fans close together, close to the ring seems daft as fuck.

Edited by Merzbow

If anyone is interested, a good friend of mine if launching a deathmatch promotion in Melbourne Australia. One of the key owners has experience helping promote shows for both NJPW and Australian super promotion MCW, so certainly got the right guy for the job.

You can read more about it: http://snapmayorsmedia.com/professional-wrestling-news/australian-wrestling-news/new-melbourne-wrestling-promotion-deathmatch-downunder-is-coming-in-jan-2021/

But their launch video is below.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

If anyone is interested, a good friend of mine if launching a deathmatch promotion in Melbourne Australia. One of the key owners has experience helping promote shows for both NJPW and Australian super promotion MCW, so certainly got the right guy for the job.

You can read more about it: http://snapmayorsmedia.com/professional-wrestling-news/australian-wrestling-news/new-melbourne-wrestling-promotion-deathmatch-downunder-is-coming-in-jan-2021/

But their launch video is below.

They need to be much more original with the names of their wrestlers. Way too many called "Deathmatch Ready"...

GCW Seem to have been doing shows pretty much since the pandemic began. Mostly outdoor shows, but still everyone sitting next to each other. Crazy stuff.

Stumbled across a video of the Necro Butcher from this year on Youtube recently. The comments are turned off, and its easy to understand why. Hes not looking good at all. Plenty from the 2000-ish 'glory days' of deathmatch wrestling are now dead, reading up on it. Justice Pain, Nate Hatred, Trent Acid, Chris Kash, Brain Damage, Supreme, Danny Havoc, JC Bailey, probably other ones Ive not seen as well.

Edited by Dai

• Paid Members
Just now, Chris B said:

Just done a little searching around - that's from February, and in June, he announced he was battling cancer - but appears he'd been very ill for a while and had difficulty getting the diagnosis. Is apparently now in remission and in better health. 

I'm also blown away to learn he's only 47.

How does it work when death match wrestlers need to go to hospital ?

Like what do they tell the doctors /Nurses happened to them ? Would they ever be refused treatment because they’ve essentially needlessly done damage to themselves ?

Besides isn’t medical treatment crazy expensive in the states ?

• Paid Members

I've also always wondered this. Do they just turn up drenched in blood with glass and thumbtacks sticking out their entire body and pretend they had a DIY accident? My guess is unless it's a proper emergency they close the cuts with glue, slap plasters on and take a shit load of drugs. Most deathmatch wrestlers don't come across as people with their lives together. 

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure, in the Vice documentary and some other bits and pieces, some of the 'larger' shows have paramedics around (although I'm guessing they're closer to St John's Ambulance and first-aiders than they are actual paramedics).