Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Nick Gage is legit scary and you buy into him real fast. We need guys like that around. My mates had never heard of him when I pointed him out. Then on the Saturday, one of my mates went to grab a drink during the WWN show and he took his fucking time. When he came back about 10 minutes later he said it was because Nick Gage was lurking by the bar (he was getting ready to do a run-in) and he had the fear of God put in him by Gage's mere presence.

He also loves his fans. I've been a Gage fan for ages and seeing him crack a smile in a sold out venue chanting "Gage!" and "MDK!" was the best. 

Edited by Accident Prone

Couldn't find anywhere to put this except here...I'm not sure what I hate most about this. The complete apathy of the "crowd", the force of the landing, or the lack of care delivering the buckle bomb. 

Advisory: Yes it's CZW, but it's not pretty to watch.

Also, IT'S COULDN'T CARE LESS, stupid Yanks

Edited by bigfoote

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, bigfoote said:

Couldn't find anywhere to put this except here...I'm not sure what I hate most about this. The complete apathy of the "crowd", the force of the landing, or the lack of care delivering the buckle bomb. 

Advisory: Yes it's CZW, but it's not pretty to watch.

Also, IT'S COULDN'T CARE LESS, stupid Yanks

Fucking Hell

• Paid Members

I'm not defending this at all but here's a couple of key notes about that clip;

- It's from CZW's Dojo shows, so it's essentially a trainee show. Why on Earth they're letting students perform spots like that on these shows is beyond me, but it's DJ Hyde (CZW owner and trainer) so of course that spot would be A-Okayed. He's a fucking prat by all accounts.

- In general, CZW crowds at the main shows are small and quiet, and they've have been on the downward slope of both size and noise for the past several years (both in terms of crowds and relevance). So it comes to no surprise that these Dojo shows are held in empty venues to near deathly silence. 

• Paid Members

It's not really a deathmatch show and there isn't an official deathmatch on the card, but seeing as they're usually a blood'n'guts promotion when they aren't fantasy booking AND we've been discussing Nick (FUCKING) Gage in this thread, here's the card for tonight's GCW show;

GCW Heavyweight Title Match

Nick Gage vs David Arquette

Bob Holly vs Brody King

D'Lo Brown vs Ethan Page

Amazing Red vs. Great Sasuke

Human Tornado vs. Penelope Ford

Chase Owens vs. Delilah Doom vs. Eli Everfly vs. Facade vs. Jimmy Lloyd vs. Kikutaro

Jungle Boy vs. Tony Deppen

Fucking mental stuff. Like they've booked the show whilst playing the old Smackdown games and watching early 00's indy wrestling. It's on the Fite TV app and is about £13 but it you use my invite code on sign-up (k6qk6ym) you should be gifted enough free credit to buy the show for free (at least that's how I got to watch GCW's 'Lost In New York' back in August). Well worth a punt, especially considering how it'll be free.

GCW are a real special promotion. The shows aren't based around workrate or having 5 star classics, but more about having fun and celebrating this whacky shit that we're still watching. LINY had a run-in from the Weezer frontman and PCO being resurrected by a car battery. Brilliant Saturday morning viewing.

11 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm not defending this at all but here's a couple of key notes about that clip;

- It's from CZW's Dojo shows, so it's essentially a trainee show. Why on Earth they're letting students perform spots like that on these shows is beyond me, but it's DJ Hyde (CZW owner and trainer) so of course that spot would be A-Okayed. He's a fucking prat by all accounts.

- In general, CZW crowds at the main shows are small and quiet, and they've have been on the downward slope of both size and noise for the past several years (both in terms of crowds and relevance). So it comes to no surprise that these Dojo shows are held in empty venues to near deathly silence. 

I attended a couple of Dojo shows earlier in the year. The first one had a paid attendance of 3 !!!! (excluded ourselves). Insane value for money at $5 a ticket though!

There is a "Deathmatch Power Struggle" of sorts in the New Jersey/Philly area between CZW & GCW of which CGW is winning, which is hardly surprising given the attitudes of both owners. Brett Lauderdale really does seem to care about his product & the fans who support him, DJ Hyde on the other hand comes across as the single most arrogant bloke in the world!

I really like GCW, but you need to keep an eye on the location of the shows because depending on which Athletic State Commision is in charge, it really does effect the style of the show. I prefer the "Anything goes" style of the New Jersey shows, as opposed to the more comedy style you would get in the New York area.

I’ve read a lot of snippets this morning about a lot of controversy during and after the Gage vs Arquette match, but struggling to piece it all together.

I won’t say too much about what I read for spoiler reasons, but can anyone link me to a full report anywhere of exactly what down?

• Paid Members

Watched it live and it was going fine until Gage started stabbing with a light tube. Arquette moved and caught a cut to the neck and panicked a bit. He left the ring, and then came back and seemed like he was shooting, but I think he just got a bit over-eager. Gage calmly took him down and pinned him. He seems fine now and full of joy at having done it!

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I believe he was diagnosed as HIV positive. He disappeared from the scene very shortly after that. 

Bloody hell, I wonder if he beat it or got it under control with the right meds and he has come back to wrestling now cos of that reason.