Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

I got a deathmatch video (yes video) in about 2004 at a BCW show. It was CZW, I think. I thought Deathmatches were the type of shit i'd seen from Foley and TLC. This shit was unreal. Sexy Eddy is the one I remember. The fucker was wearing a thong, and ended up with tacs all up his arms, back and face. I didn't know what to make of it. And I still don't. People getting cut up like a slasher film. If the fanbase is there, fair enough. It's like Grindhouse wrestling.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished watching CZW 14th Anniversary Show from this year which wasn't by any means the best CZW show but there were enjoyable parts throughout. Rich Swan Vs AR Fox made the show which was in fact the opener. The two are great talents currently in the independent circuit and I'd like to praise Drew Gullak who is really growing on me lately.

Anyway, the show main events with a Death Match between the CZW World Heavyweight Champion, Masada against Christiana Von Eerie (Yeah thats the bird who teamed up with Ink Inc in TNA for 2 months in 2011) which was a strange, strange match which had a rather shite ending. Throughout the match I did in fact feel rather uncomfortable seeing Masada slam Christiana on thumbtacks, using a staple gun on her, sticking kebab sticks in her skull and slamming her on broken glass. Apart from that the match wasn't as bad as you'd imagine, Christiana Von Eerie really did put her body through hell in this match and fair play to her for the match not being a shitfest.

masada-castiga-a-christina-von-eerie-contra-una-mesa-llena-de-tachuelas-en-el-aniversario-14-de-czw-photo-by-lyle-williams.jpg

As you can see on the picture above she took a fair few bumps which not every wrestler will take. She was bleeding everywhere and just as much dished out the punishment to the CZW Heavyweight Champion.

The shittest part came on the ending where Joe Gacy and Matt Tremont interfered in the match. Where the Death match ended in the a no contest after the two of them (Gacy and Tremont) brawled inside and outside the ring. Looking back I'm rather glad it ended that way as I really wouldn't have liked to see Christina take a megabump for the finish of the match. It's just the way that it did end wasn't the best.

Anyone seen this match? What did you think?

• Paid Members
1. Is Freakshow the same guy who used to be known as Iceberg? I always liked him, and can't believe he had a 2-year title reign if so.

298957_235340579843620_234403339937344_723166_1519702_n.jpg

Lip up fatty, ah lip up fatty, for the reggae

This is the (now former) Deep South champion Freakshow. I do believe he wrestled under the name Iceberg previously. He also wrestled in a few of the old Mid South KOTDM tournaments in Mid South's earlier incarnations. I like him in deathmatches, but I remember when he won the belt from Chrisjen Hayme in a non-deathmatch a couple of years ago (I think I glossed over the bout in a review in the old thread) and thought it was pretty terrible really. He's great at getting glass broken over his head, which admittedly is a quality I do enjoy, but not so good at much else. I like him though.

2. What would you say are the top deathmatch workers going today? I've heard a lot about Callihan, does he even do many deathmatches?

Callihan did deathmatches when he first broke in (including entry into ToD Rewind a few years ago), but I've always thought of him as more of a

• Paid Members

I suppose that after slamming her into thumbtacks, sticking kebab skewers in her head and all the bar wire hi-jinx, asking her for anal will be a lot easier.

• 3 weeks later...

Stricktly Nsane Pro Wrestling - Night Of The Psychos

sn1_zps903c1547.png

This deathmatch tournament event took place in Crossville, Illinois on the 22nd of February this year. This is the first show I've seen from the promotion, so I know very little about them other than they like doing deathmatches, and that Spidar Boodrow put Freakshow through a car door window during another one of their shows.... Nice lads then. Any way, enough stalling. Time to get down to business.

Kyle Cobain vs Mad Man Pondo

First match of the night? Why not make it a no fucking rope barbed wire match? Hell yes. This promotion has won me over already. Cobain (who I am unfamiliar with) came out looking about as "deathmachy" as one could imagine: Ian Rotten tribute hair cut, black sleeveless shirt and cut off black jeans, fists taped up in black tape and carrying a bloody well wood saw in his hand. Pondo came out with a very creative weapon too

• Paid Members
Damn. I don’t really keep my ear to the ground these days, so this incident had passed me by. I’ve just had a quick scout about though, and came across this:

Necro Butcher suffered a bad leg injury over the weekend working for Juggalo Championship Wrestling's Bloodymania 7, part of the annual Gathering of the Juggalos. He suffered the injury taking a bump off the ring apron through a chair. It was so bad that the initial fear was that he had suffered a compound fracture of his lower leg. I later heard it was just a disgustingly severe tear in his calf and there were no breaks. Butcher received stitches but still needs to get further checked out.

I’d take the exact details with a dash of salt though. This is lifted from a 'newz' site.

From what I heard it was fairly accurate. He had to be airlifted out. I have him on facebook (don't ask) and his wife was really fucking panicking to be fair. He really got fucked up bad. And for Necro that's saying something. His nephew has set up an account to help him out with his medical bills. He's a fairly well liked bloke, so a few indy workers are chipping in for him.

Help Support Dylan Summers Medical Expenses:

Dylan Summers' friends and family are uniting to raise money for medical bills and time off after his injury at the Gathering. Dylan will give me an ear full for making this page. He is never one to ask for anything

I like Necro. I like his stance on wrestling:

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay