Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Is the name Marko Stunt rhyming slang for something else? 

did he bust his legs?

i love a good hardcore spot, but when the guy stops, puts his hair behind his ears and clear as feeds into the spot hes about to get hit with with it all gets abit shit for me. Theres not even an attempt to disguise it.

• Paid Members

guess this is deathmatch related, but some geezer in Mexico launched a concrete block at his opponents head during a match as a receipt for a stiff chair shot.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/wrestler-knocked-out-opponent-hurls-13617927.amp

completely fucked up.

It does raise an interesting, more general question of whether a criminal assault charge could ever be successfully prosecuted over a wrestler deliberately stiffing/shooting on his opponent.

I suspect in most cases it would be near impossible to prove, and the business would close ranks against a police investigation, so a fake wrestling match is almost the perfect cover for a premeditated attack on a colleage. (If you both happen to be wrestlers, that is. Don't bother trying to arrange it with the prick who eats his crisps too loudly at the desk behind you.)

• Paid Members

Finally managed to catch that GCW show. Fucking hell, Arquette vs Gage maybe my MOTY right now. A spectacle in every sense of the word. I'll probably downgrade it to an honourable mention in a few hours but you'll be hard to pressed to find a more intense 15 minutes than that. Incredible stuff.

Glad that everything is okay between Arquette and Gage/GCW. You could see Dave panic as Gage had a tube by his head, accidentally cut his neck and he full on went into shoot mode. The 'lightube to face' spot is kinda like the deathmatch version of chinlock. It's a great visual, gives the guys a chance to rest and chat, and looks gross as fuck without doing any actual damage. I'd be scared too though if it was Nick Gage and the sharp end of a tube of glass by my head.

Some of you may balk at this but Gage was a great ring leader throughout. Total vet who guided the rookie through the match, paced it out nicely and gave him the cue for his hope spots. Looked like he realised that Dave was panicking and just simply took him down for the three count. He didn't punish Dave or give him a receipt or anything, just knew that Dave wanted out and Gage responded like a pro. Really heartwarming to see a photo of the two of them laughing about it over dinner at a fancy restaurant. The have to have the rematch at Spring Break III. They just have to.

Rest of the show was really fun. I was going to recommend Stunt/Eli until the injury as it was a bloody good sprint the were having. Fatu/KTB is a short hoss battle that showcased Fatu immensely. Hardcore Holly having the time of his life and the returns of Messiah and Human Tornado brought back a warm feeling of nostalgia. My only gripe is that a lot of the matches went overly long, which is the same issue PWG has right now. You cut five minutes from the opener, the scramble, Tornado/Ford and lose D'Lo/Page, and you're looking at, bell-to-bell, a legit show of the year contender. Also, Jungle Boy (Luke Perry's son, apparently) is crazy fluid and crisp for his age and experience. One to watch for sure.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

It does raise an interesting, more general question of whether a criminal assault charge could ever be successfully prosecuted over a wrestler deliberately stiffing/shooting on his opponent.

We might have got an answer a few years back if Mike Levy wasn't such a low IQ mark.

• Paid Members

The All Out War one from the season 3 finale? Probably one of the most insane matches of all time. I loved it.

Pentagon and Marty The Moth had a fucking great brawl on the season 4 finale. Marty bled an absolute Muta level gusher here. 

Edited by LaGoosh

On 11/20/2018 at 5:53 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Terrifying that. Fucking bounces off his head.

In an update on this [info courtesy of lucha blog], Cuervo has had surgery to remove a blood clot from his head. His injuries apparently are/were a fractured skull and an epidural haematoma. He is still in intensive care and should be for at least another week.

Angel o Demonio is saying that he meant to hit Cuervo in the back and that he stood up at the wrong time [which is bollocks as can be seen in the video]. He said Cuervo was not qualified to be in an extreme match and is not at all apologetic about his actions. 

Apparently the commission has indefinitely suspended Demonio however regulations actually prohibit them from doing so, meaning it is essentially posturing on their part. Demonio is booked for a show on 1 December.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

The All Out War one from the season 3 finale? Probably one of the most insane matches of all time. I loved it.

Pentagon and Marty The Moth had a fucking great brawl on the season 4 finale. Marty bled an absolute Muta level gusher here. 

I have to agree that whole show was amazing my last mark out in wrestling was watching that

On 11/20/2018 at 5:26 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

I suspect in most cases it would be near impossible to prove, and the business would close ranks against a police investigation, so a fake wrestling match is almost the perfect cover for a premeditated attack on a colleage. (If you both happen to be wrestlers, that is. Don't bother trying to arrange it with the prick who eats his crisps too loudly at the desk behind you.)

2 wrestlers were on Judge Rinder (fuck knows who they were),one claimed the other stiffed him and caused an injury. He didn't win as Rinder viewed it as you're a stuntman and you knowingly run the risk of accidental injury. I think I was unemployed when I saw that.