Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

Welcome to the new Deathmatch Interest threadAfter not having watched any wrestling (aside from the live shows I attend) in a couple of months; I decided to pick up IWA Deep South's most recent offering to get me back into the mood for the summer's deathmatch tournaments. A Tournament of Death review could follow when my DVDs arrive, if there is still any interest in discussing this dirty little sub genre.I'd like to keep the intentions and tone of this thread similar to the last one we had last year. Intelligent discussion, and the sharing of thoughts and reviews. Mud slinging and name calling is unnecessary. We all know this stuff is horrible, shit and that we are cunts for liking it, so please do not read on if you are likely to be upset offended by deathmatches. We're not trying to justify it, glorify it or convert anyone here.Here we go then...IWA Deep South Cage of Carnage 201322189_447350428663467_1413076264_n_zpscb236787.jpgAh yes, this looks like wholesome children's entertainment...On the 16th March 2013, IWA Deep South presented its Cage of Carnage show. I haven't really been keeping up with the promotion's happenings since last year's Carnage Cup event, so can't provide you with much of a back story. With that in mind, lets just crack straight on with the action from Sylacauga Alabama.Jake Manning vs Joe HoganManning came out doing his ever so slightly creepy

Edited by Richie Freebird

Richie! It's always a pleasure to see you waxing lyrical about the gruesome goings-on of the Feathmatch feds. I always feel I should love it more than I do, but I think I suffer from "Apter mag syndrome" where I enjoy reading about the matches more than I do actually watching them. Couple of questions:1. Is Freakshow the same guy who used to be known as Iceberg? I always liked him, and can't believe he had a 2-year title reign if so.2. What would you say are the top deathmatch workers going today? I've heard a lot about Callihan, does he even do many deathmatches?I hope this thread catches on like the totally-merited-Golded last thread.

This gives you a prety good look at what they are (plus a disgusting arm shot taken by Masada):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4qKZcSItFE

Ive seen the TOD, so will be looking foward to your review. Were you keeping up to date with the news on the TOD? If so, do you know why Tremont was there but wasnt in the tourney? Also, any news/rumours on why one of the Semi's gimmicks was embarrassingly poor looking (one trolley filled with weapons)? Looks like it was thrown together at the last second.

edit:

Also, I watched the main matches of this show a few weeks back. The main thing I remember was these guys:

ds1_zps463c08ec.png

scaring some kids during their exntrance, and almost getting into a fight with one of the kids dad. That sort of stuff always gets bonus points with me. Shame they are all 5'5 skinny kids, though. Im sure they 'beat up' something silly before the fight, too, even though I cant remember what.

Edited by Dai

• Moderators
It was in the Grand National thread, and was one of the more hysterical/pathetic FYILTF posts I've seen.

What does this stand for? Google gives me nothing to go off.

Gosh, it's a sad day to find out I'm less in touch with modern times than the man whose reference points in life are all sportsmen from at least 20 years ago.

Edit: eureka!! Fuck You I'm Leaving This Forum?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

This gives you a prety good look at what they are (plus a disgusting arm shot taken by Masada)

:cry: Legit HO.LY SHIT! from me there! I think that pretty much makes up for Masada's years of being a bump-shy shitarse for me! And I thought Kenzans were a sick weapon!

I loved the original Deathmatch thread, although I think this might be my first post on the topic. I haven't seen this year's TOD yet as I'm waiting to get it on DVD from SmartMark. But I know I won't be able to keep out of this thread and I'll end up spoiling the show for myself! :p

Edited by Ro_y Disco

Ive seen the TOD, so will be looking foward to your review. Were you keeping up to date with the news on the TOD? If so, do you know why Tremont was there but wasnt in the tourney? Also, any news/rumours on why one of the Semi's gimmicks was embarrassingly poor looking (one trolley filled with weapons)? Looks like it was thrown together at the last second.

Tremont has medical issues which interfere with his blood, liver problems IIRC and the State Athletic commission of Delaware now requires blood tests for certain wrestling events (If not, all.) and Tremont's wasn't clear enough to compete. I've no idea's about the semi's but its CZW, can't really expect too much from them these days.

Drake Younger has stopped doing serious deathmatches and is moving into normal-ish wrestling as there have been a few health scares within the deathmatch scene, most notably Abdullah Kobayashi is/was in the middle of testing for Hepatitis C. Matt Tremont could/may have it but then again with his outstanding health issues, it could be something else.

• Moderators
It was in the Grand National thread, and was one of the more hysterical/pathetic FYILTF posts I've seen.

What does this stand for? Google gives me nothing to go off.

Gosh, it's a sad day to find out I'm less in touch with modern times than the man whose reference points in life are all sportsmen from at least 20 years ago.

Edit: eureka!! Fuck You I'm Leaving This Forum?

Bingo! I made it up myself.

And I'm still fucking hip and with it and down, Chest.

• Paid Members
Abdullah Kobayashi is/was in the middle of testing for Hepatitis C. Matt Tremont could/may have it but then again with his outstanding health issues, it could be something else.

i remember Kobayashi was just kinda breaking into the BJW deathmatch scene during my deathmatch phase, he was nowhere near the craziness level of some of the guys back then...fast forward 10 years and he's a disgusting mess of scars, that guy's destroyed himself.

• 2 weeks later...
1. Is Freakshow the same guy who used to be known as Iceberg? I always liked him, and can't believe he had a 2-year title reign if so.

298957_235340579843620_234403339937344_723166_1519702_n.jpg

Lip up fatty, ah lip up fatty, for the reggae

This is the (now former) Deep South champion Freakshow. I do believe he wrestled under the name Iceberg previously. He also wrestled in a few of the old Mid South KOTDM tournaments in Mid South's earlier incarnations. I like him in deathmatches, but I remember when he won the belt from Chrisjen Hayme in a non-deathmatch a couple of years ago (I think I glossed over the bout in a review in the old thread) and thought it was pretty terrible really. He's great at getting glass broken over his head, which admittedly is a quality I do enjoy, but not so good at much else. I like him though.

2. What would you say are the top deathmatch workers going today? I've heard a lot about Callihan, does he even do many deathmatches?

Callihan did deathmatches when he first broke in (including entry into ToD Rewind a few years ago), but I've always thought of him as more of a