Celebrity Tie In Fantasy Booking

UK Kat Von D

Wrestling has had a very varied cast of celebrity appearances over the years. Some have been great and worked perfectly like Tyson, Kevin Federline, Cyndi Lauper, Donald Tump and The Muppets. Where as some have been absolutely awful.So basically, I thought it might be fun to have a bit of fantasy booking based around "outsiders." They can be serious ideas that could/would never happen or just funny ones. Propose a story line to go along with it too. Just don't suggest people off Corination Street or Eastenders...Personally I would pair John Cena with his pop culture counter part Justin Beiber. Cena would save Beiber from being attacked by CM Punk, then for Beiber to accompany Cena to the ring for the grudge match. Women and children would go nuts for Cena, while the 18+ males would be praying Punk finally twats him. Plus the promos by Punk could be YouTube gold

I would go for Lance Armstrong - he is the ultimate heel. A guy who repeatedly denied doping allegations and intimidated anyone who tried to question him within cycling. He would have to fued with CM Punk for obvious reasons. CM Punk would have some great stuff to say on the mic and it would garner worldwide publicity. You could easy have a match between the two or align him with a wrestler to go against Punk. You could team Armstrong with someone who you want to elevate like Cesaro and have him face Punk for some great matches. Thats just come off the top of my head but I am sure the thing would write itself.

• Paid Members

Personally I would pair John Cena with his pop culture counter part Justin Beiber. Cena would save Beiber from being attacked by CM Punk, then for Beiber to accompany Cena to the ring for the grudge match.

Seems like a risk putting such a polarizing celebrity next to your polarizing top star and just hoping the two demographics marry the way you want them to. I bet there are plenty of Cena fans who think Bieber is a little turd. Put the little turd with a genuine heel. Give him a comedy spot with 3MB maybe. Putting Bieber next to Cena makes Punk look even more of a babyface and Cena look more of a heel, even though the build (and the match) would be designed by WWE with the roles the opposite way around, on account of Cena being top babyface. Given that you obviously saw the Federline stuff, which they got right, I'm surprised you suggested this.

Women and children would go nuts for Cena, while the 18+ males would be praying Punk finally twats him.

Oh. I get it now.Not everyone thinks like you. Plenty of grown-ups like Cena, or at least prefer him to Punk. Plenty of grown-up men would want Cena to batter Punk even if he had every Pop Factor winner of all time in his corner and actually came to the ring to "That's What Makes You Beautiful" on account of thinking Punk is such a massive tosser.For the record - I love Punk and prefer him to Cena myself, but I'm not blind to the fact that it really isn't as straight forward a divide as you seem to think.

Yeah obviously they don't have identical fanbases, but I still think it would make it would make good TV. Most adults who likes Cena would also see Punk as a bully for picking on a skinny teenager, regardless of if that skinny kid is a tosser or not. Cena appeals to the people who like cheering the squeaky clean super hero for the most part. Sticking up for a defenceless kid won't put them off him because they will still see it as the right thing to do. Cena could even say something along the lines of "there are people who like what we do and people who dont, and thats fine with us. As long as our fans la-la-la-loveeee us. You are welcome to your own opinion, but if you want to pick a fight do it with the person who can hit you back." Sorted(For the record I understand that idea would never happen, so it doesn't really need to be 100% air tight)

Most adults who likes Cena would also see Punk as a bully for picking on a skinny teenager, regardless of if that skinny kid is a tosser or not. Cena appeals to the people who like cheering the squeaky clean super hero for the most part.

I like Cena. He's one of the best workers in the world and has a great evolved character. I don't like Beiber and wouldn't mind seeing him getting beaten about. My point here is that you're wrong. If it happened it'd be no more than a Punk vanity project where he gets to be cool and edgy by making the same jokes everyone makes about Beiber.I also think you're slightly off about the appeal of Cena. Its also that he's his own man. Punk, for example, is a character who panders to others in an attempt to be cool and that's makes him easily hateable. Cena doesn't give so much of a shit in a way. He's true to who he is. That's more the appeal of Cena to adults I think.

Well I did say for the most part, meaning I fully understand not very person thinks exactly the same way. That's just the way I see it anyway. If the childish jokes don't put you off him I don't think him telling a grown man not to kick a skinny kid in the head will put you off. You would still enjoy his match and it would fit in with the great evolved character you like. You also see Punk as a guy who panders to what other people want, so him making the same shit jokes everyone else already has would surely just tie in with that for you

• Paid Members

Its also that he's his own man. Punk, for example, is a character who panders to others in an attempt to be cool and that's makes him easily hateable. Cena doesn't give so much of a shit in a way. He's true to who he i

I really want CM Punk to read this sentence. I think he'd explode.

• Paid Members

Justin Bieber is like a proper star. He isn't getting slapped about by a bunch of fake wrestlers. If he's coming in, he's knocking some fool out and getting his face all over the show. They tried to get him for WrestleMania but his price was way over the top. Wrestling has its limit, and Vince isn't going to pay out the arse to get the same buyrate he would get by bringing back an old wrestler and a semi celebrity. When you bring in full on A-listers, they wont do the same stuff Pee-Wee does. Unless you are a Donald Trump or a Hugh Jackson who likes it.I liked my idea of bringing Mr T back for WrestleMania 30. I'd have Hogan and Sheamus or Ryback or Big E Langston or whoever the big popular bloke at the time is vs Roddy Piper and Randy Orton. I'd have Bob Orton Jr in the heels corner and T and Snuka in the other corner. Make it a big fuck of dog and pony show to go on just after the Undertaker's streak and just before the main event. A full nostalgia match with big names and two current stars put in the middle of the 2 main events. I'd love to see them do a tip of the hat 30 years on to the original main event.

• Paid Members

Meanie.
I just mean as someone who tries to be a proper individual and all that being told that corporate rainbow pebbles John Cena is more true to himself may cause him to blow up. Especially because I think you're right

I just mean as someone who tries to be a proper individual and all that being told that corporate rainbow pebbles John Cena is more true to himself may cause him to blow up. Especially because I think you're right

Ah okay, I read it as you wanted Punk to read it because he'd explode.

• Moderators

I'd love an angle where Bella #1 and Bella #2 get involved with Mike Baldwin and Ken Barlow, and Baldwin being awesome takes them both because he's hardcore and Barlow fights from underneath for his honour. The amount of fantasy booking you could do with soap people is herculean. If it was the 90s and I was a promoter I'd defo get Jimmy Corkhill in to do something or another. That man was pro wrestling. Almost as pro wrestling as Adebisi.

Meanie.
Yeah, he's very right I'd say. "Like me or don't, fair enough that's up to you" is far more manly and true and against the grain than 15 year old-esque faux-rebellion.

I'd love an angle where Bella #1 and Bella #2 get involved with Mike Baldwin and Ken Barlow, and Baldwin being awesome takes them both because he's hardcore and Barlow fights from underneath for his honour. The amount of fantasy booking you could do with soap people is herculean. If it was the 90s and I was a promoter I'd defo get Jimmy Corkhill in to do something or another. That man was pro wrestling. Almost as pro wrestling as Adebisi.

Meanie.
Yeah, he's very right I'd say. "Like me or don't, fair enough that's up to you" is far more manly and true and against the grain than 15 year old-esque faux-rebellion.
I have to agree on the soap option. I'd like to see those two captains of industry Vince McMahon vs Mike Baldwin for the control of each others empires. Maybe chuck in Ian Beale and make it a triple threat. I'd also like to see those two nasty looking hard bastards The Mitchell Brothers take on The Legion of Doom

Archived