Best In The World

The Hitman

• Paid Members

Kurt Angle of 2007 was all that and more. Every now and then he gets a bit funny. Last year he dressed as a cowboy for some reason. He does the character what they ask of him. Thing with Angle is, TNA needs him super serious, because everyone else of the roster is on the edge of comedy. Hogan's mental, Bobby Roode likes a laugh, Austin Aries is a sleazy git, Sting's got a lot of goofiness in him, Daniels and Kaz turn the comedy up when they come out, Joseph Park is usually played for laughs, James Storm looks like something Looney Tunes forgot to draw. They want Angle to be their Randy Couture.

When Vince Russo was still there, Kurt would be knocking about in his swimming trunks, playing full on comedy Kurt.

kurt-angle-underwear-o.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think Dolph Zigglers making waves at the minute. Great talent. Awesome ring work, great on the mic. Best in the world? I'd say he's up there.

I never got the love for Zigglers mic work. I actually think that's his one big weakness. He looks like he's trying too hard to play that character when he's given the stick and doesn't believe half the shit he says. I think he's phenomenal in the ring, and there's nobody who can sell better (somebody will post a pic of Ambrose) or sell sympathy like him at the moment but I find him cringeworthy on the mic at times.Royal Rumble 2013. His promo before Jericho came out - 'And I don't care who number 2, so just bring him out already'. I realise I'm paraphrasing, but it was something akin to that, and the delivery was fucking awful...

I think Dolph Zigglers making waves at the minute. Great talent. Awesome ring work, great on the mic. Best in the world? I'd say he's up there.

I never got the love for Zigglers mic work. I actually think that's his one big weakness. He looks like he's trying too hard to play that character when he's given the stick and doesn't believe half the shit he says. I think he's phenomenal in the ring, and there's nobody who can sell better (somebody will post a pic of Ambrose) or sell sympathy like him at the moment but I find him cringeworthy on the mic at times.Royal Rumble 2013. His promo before Jericho came out - 'And I don't care who number 2, so just bring him out already'. I realise I'm paraphrasing, but it was something akin to that, and the delivery was fucking awful...
tumblr_mf5xb6pXfv1qhu9gio1_250.gifbut...but....EXPRESSIONS~!To clarify, I don't think that Ambrose sells better, i just know people seem to fap about his expressions

• Paid Members

My pick for best right now is Daniel Bryan, but I don't watch any Japanese stuff so I can't comment on the likes of Fergal Devitt or Tanahashi. I imagine that WWE would be interested in Devitt, given his age, look and experience. Does the fact that they already have somebody filling the role of 'Irish guy' hurt or hinder Devitt's chances?Jericho's body of work and incredible twenty year career puts him up there alongside the all-time greats, but he's not the best in 2013. I think he gets a pretty rough ride on here.

My pick for best right now is Daniel Bryan, but I don't watch any Japanese stuff so I can't comment on the likes of Fergal Devitt or Tanahashi. I imagine that WWE would be interested in Devitt, given his age, look and experience. Does the fact that they already have somebody filling the role of 'Irish guy' hurt or hinder Devitt's chances?

I wouldn't think so. If they covered him in clovers and made him wear green all the time then yes, but if just billed him as being from Ireland and they gave him a gimmick that didn't depend on him being Irish, then he would be OK I reckon

I never got the love for Zigglers mic work. I actually think that's his one big weakness. He looks like he's trying too hard to play that character when he's given the stick and doesn't believe half the shit he says.

Ziggler largely admits that himself as well. From an interview around WrestleMania time, talking about Shawn Michaels:

"Even if he comes back for one Raw and talks to Hunter in the ring for five minutes, you believe it and you get behind it," Ziggler said. "You go, 'There is more emotion in two minutes that he just talked than I've had on a microphone in a whole year.' And it's like, 'Damn, how do you get that?' It's because they respect him so much, he's been through so much, and we've lived through it with him."

• Paid Members

I never got the love for Zigglers mic work. I actually think that's his one big weakness. He looks like he's trying too hard to play that character when he's given the stick and doesn't believe half the shit he says.

Ziggler largely admits that himself as well. From an interview around WrestleMania time, talking about Shawn Michaels:

"Even if he comes back for one Raw and talks to Hunter in the ring for five minutes, you believe it and you get behind it," Ziggler said. "You go, 'There is more emotion in two minutes that he just talked than I've had on a microphone in a whole year.' And it's like, 'Damn, how do you get that?' It's because they respect him so much, he's been through so much, and we've lived through it with him."

Makes sense, and I reckon Ziggler's face run will do him the world of good, and give him more scope to talk about when he does go heel again. It will happen, he's a natural heel, like his peers and idols, and his babyface run won't last pissing time. Watch, now I said that, the cunt'll go on to be the next Austin.

Angle gets a lot of stick on here for his use of finishers, and rightly so on some occasions, but he's still one of the best performers in the world, and there's been quite a few years where he's been the best.

Every year he probably has half a dozen absolutely fantastic matches, and as someone said earlier he seems to have reduced to a schedule that doesn't destroy his body. He's in a bit of a purple patch right now, actually.

Is there scope for a UKFF "Best Ever" thread/poll, once the 100 matches thread has reached a conclusion? Given the discussion that has kind of spawned from this thread, it could probe a lot of fun, and introduce people to some guys they might not have watched before.

• Paid Members

Is there scope for a UKFF "Best Ever" thread/poll, once the 100 matches thread has reached a conclusion? Given the discussion that has kind of spawned from this thread, it could probe a lot of fun, and introduce people to some guys they might not have watched before.

Tiger Rick did something similar many years ago that was an enjoyable thread and created some really good discussion. Probably be worth doing again though as the board is made up of quite different posters and opinion now. And much has changed in that time too, with perhaps more guys who'd be considered worthy of being dubbed the best ever.

Archived