Your Fight Site

Not bad! Not too bad. I really love the original, but Will Ferrell's output has gone downhill a lot since then, so I remain a touch anxious.

As long as you take Will Ferrell for what he is, which is "obvious/silly comedy" he's fine. Films like Step Brothers and Old Skool are a great watch.Steve Carrell stole the show in the first film though.

Trailer looks okay, but I'm not going to get too excited by it. In general, comedy sequels usually aren't very good. The people who make them usually become a bit too self-aware of what was funny about the first one and end up trying too hard.

I can't wait for it, despite being slightly worried that it won't be anywhere near as good. During my Sixth Form college days, this was the big comedy film release, and I could quote pretty much any even half-memorable line from it. Still one of my favourites.

I haven't watched Anchorman in years. It never lived up to the hype for me. The highlight was spotting Freaks and Geeks alums in the background ("Mr Rosso's sat behind them! Seth Rogen's the cameraman!"). It's definitely my least favourite of the McKay/Ferrell films. I'll rewatch it in time for the sequel though.

Archived