Fashion disasters

Rey_Piste

I hate people who wear vests out, especially ones with slogans. I remember there being a loud obnoxious twat on holiday last year that was wearing one of these with the word "ripped" emblazoned across the chest. And the lad was skinny as well. What an utter prick.Also, what's with this fashion of lads wearing t-shirts with half-naked ladies printed on them? I really don't get it. I like looking at gorgeous ladies and all, but it feels a bit weird when I'm staring at a guy's chest while I'm doing it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As someone who is starting to grey at the temples, I'd avoid it. But then i'm in my 30s have long hair and recently started skateboarding again, so I may not be the best person to ask.

I'm 20, just started skateboarding and wear Skinny Jeans, hence why I'm wondering if it may be a complete car crash idea. Ah well I'll find out after tomorrow at this rate.

• Moderators

Personally as a lot of you fine gentlemen on here look so awesome, would you see it being a fashion disaster for someone my age (20) to go down the grey hair dye route. There's just something really elegant about being a grey wolf and seeing as it works so well on people like George Lamb I want to give it a bash myself over the summer. Should I completely avoid this?

I know you're a pretty fashionable cool kid, and I won't pretend to know better... But I can tell you that hair dyed grey never looks natural and you can always tell. So I don't think it really works if you're trying to go for a 'sophisticated' look.Also, by 'grey wolf' do you mean 'silver fox', or is this something I've never heard of?

• Paid Members

'Grey Wolf!' hahaha.Seriously though, don't dye your hair grey. Fake grey would look the exact opposite of 'sophisticated' on a 20 year old.Fashion is fashion and will always turn off a greater amount of people than it turns on, that's the nature of it. Now that I'm 30 I see so much stuff in the shops that I just couldn't possibly pull off anymore. While I might think that some of the stuff out there looks absolutely ludicrous, I can't truly hate on it, because it's not there for me anyway.The thing to remember is that fashion changes, but style endures.But in the spirit of the thread, I'm going to nominate jeans or any other trousers with a ridiculously low crotch that make their owner look and walk like he's shat himself.

• Paid Members

Most of the mentioned are awful but at least they will pass since there more of a fad but one thing that can't die....BOOTCUT JEANS. Fucking hell. Middle age men cutting about in some bootcuts making their shoes look even shitter. Mirrors people mirrors.

The top button done up on a shirt/polo shirt is the most ridiculous fashion statement at the minute. I'll also echo the hatred for those stupid trousers with the elastic at the bottom.

That's just bollocks, whilst it can look shit. It all depends on what the shirt is worn with and what colour/fit the shirt is.

The top button done up on a shirt/polo shirt is the most ridiculous fashion statement at the minute. I'll also echo the hatred for those stupid trousers with the elastic at the bottom.

That plus the skinny jeans and the ridiculous new quiff/fringe thing makes a lot of teenagers at the moment look like they're auditioning as an extra for Grease. Even John Travolta's not trying to rock that look any more.

• Paid Members

Anything vaguely fashionable appalls me. Despite urging to the contrary, I will rock the exact same look (jeans, trainers, t-shirt with some sort of design on the front, and either a tracksuit top when it's cool enough, or a shirt worn as a jacket when it's not) until I die. And I'm not changing my hair, either. I will get my eyebrows threaded again, though, before they kill us all.

Archived