Raw discussion 17/6/13 *spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

When Punk was alone in the ring, I was expecting the Wyatts to lay him out, I must admit. Wyatt vs Punk would interest me more than Brock vs Punk to be honest. If the Wyatt Family would have debuted after that Raw, I'm sure my bellend would be still in pieces on my living room wall. Mark Henry's promo was absolutely world class. Honestly one of the best promos I've ever seen. Especially in the context of how wrestling is now. I thought before hand it was all an angle but during it I was convinced it definitely wasn't. Then he did the big swerve and it was immense. That is how you swerve people. A lot of times WWE and especially TNA swerve people for the sake of it. A good swerve is when you end the angle with a far better result than you were expecting.I quite liked Alberto as well. His underwhelming babyface may have rebooted his career. I remember him as a heel last time, and he had hit the wall completely. Turning him face and making him a heel again has reset what you can do with him. They have a chance to get it right with him. Same with Dolph as well. All those defeats and all those times he's looked like a dweeb will be forgot if he is booked strong as a babyface. And to a smaller level, Punk's got face more respect after than long title run now he's a face again. Unlike in 2011/2012 when he was feuding with scrubs like Del Rio and The Miz and nostalgia acts like like Jericho and people we secretly liked like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk vs Paul Heyman has a genuine heel and face dynamic. People really hate Paul Heyman, and people take Brock super serious. So Punk and Lesnar with Heyman has worlds of potential. Cesaro and Dutch could do wonderful things as well. Then you have Daniel Bryan at his absolute peak in WWE and the Shield looking great, and WWE really is looking class.So much good stuff in WWE at the minute.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm sure my bellend would be still in pieces on my living room wall.

I wish I'd thought of that line.Genuinely the most emotionally involved in Raw I've been since HBK cut that promo in Montreal back in 2005. Absolutely belting stuff by Henry and WWE in general, and a fantastic two nights of entertainment.I still think Punk is at his best when heel, or walking the heel/face line, so consider my interest well and truly piqued in this storyline.

That was a heavily stacked show - the show flew past. That was how you build things for the summer.Great acting by Mizark, I think Kaitlyn should ask for some tips. Great angle , I am not really looking forward to the Cena v Henry matches at all.The closing angle was great with Dolph attacking ADR and Brock F5-ing Punk. Now they are two matches worth looking forward to.

I was tearing up during the Henry segment. He had me completely. I knew he would end up challenging Cena by the end of it but I was expecting a babyface challenge. He's acting was great but what put it over the edge is that his emotion was genuine. You could tell he was proper touched by the crowds response. THAT was one of the biggest gut punches wrestling has given me. Astounding stuff.

When WWE are firing on (most) cylinders there's nothing quite like it.

The Mchahons, though, they're like a dark cloud hanging over every thing. Didn't HHH already take over the company a couple of years back? Heel Vince I can live with in short doses. HHH and Steph (who was actually pretty good last night) can fuck off though. I don't get their weird desire to remind everyone that the roster's beneath them and to neuter the heels AND the faces. Fuck off. Team Bricky are just fine, they're willing to show vulnerability at least, leave them alone.

I'd be gutted if Bryan is hurt, that seemed legit to me the more I think about it. Surely they wouldn't run another injury angle?

There's a lot of characters you can invest in at the minute, everyone's fresh and going in a sensible direction. It's great.The Wyatt's are coming too! Exciting times.

I think the return videos last week ruined the Mark Henry thing for me. Through the show I kept thinking "this is too similar to Edge" in the way that WWE usually do it. "Oh that got a good reaction, lets recreate it as a storyline this time." Admittedly during the Henry segment I did start to believe he was going with the tears and family line, I've always found Henry to be wooden and crap when acting but he did his job there, but when he slammed Cena it was more like "oh it was an angle, I thought so with those videos."I can see what WWE were going for there but for most of it those promo videos were in my mind along with "why did they hype up someone returning who wont be there again?" so even with Henry doing a convincing acting job when the turn did come I thought it lost some of what it could have had.

• Moderators

I've always found Henry to be wooden and crap when acting

You're crazy. You either never saw his convincing and intense aura during his hall of pain run and missed all of 2011, or you're crazy.

I've always found Henry to be wooden and crap when acting

You're crazy. You either never saw his convincing and intense aura during his hall of pain run and missed all of 2011, or you're crazy.
This is probably why I never bought into Henry as much as most people do (and usually people who's wrestling taste I share actually) - I missed that entire run. The moment when he dropped him and kneeled over him with a face of fury, shouting, "You think it's that easy!", . . it all clicked. That's what made it all the more magical for me personally, I finally saw the brilliant mean fucker for what he is. (Not to mention all his other characteristics. He showed in ten minutes he's got more range than anybody else on the roster). I'm gonna have to track down the HOP run now somehow.

• Paid Members

I've seen him in every position and every combination.

300px-KennethWilliams.jpgGood show except for the McMahon stuff. I can get the McMahons being on TV to try and spice it up when it's shit but there is so much potential and good in the roster at the moment and guys on the side being underutilised (Prime Time Players and Damien Sandow for example) that there is no reason for them to be there. And Stephanie is just the most hate-able horse faced cunt I've ever seen.I'm interested to see where they go with Ryback moving forward. Apart from a feud with CM Punk and maybe Daniel Bryan I'm not sure what they can do with him.

• Paid Members

Give that man the WWE title right now!

Based on that segment alone, I can't agree more. I was completely into it and getting more and more upset even with Cena hanging around ruining his moment.

Great episode, felt a bit like the night after Survivor Series 2001 the way they repositioned so many people in one (two really) nightI moaned a while ago that the creative team seem to have forgotten that wrestlers, or more specifically their characters, need freshening up every now and again with heel/face turns etc. but you can't fault them for the way they've dealt with Punk/Ziggler/Del Rio and Orton's almost certain upcoming heel turn

Archived