Raw discussion 17/6/13 *spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yup, Henry had me too. The set up was heavy handed, it seemed too obvious, but his performance was so utterly convincing that my jaw still dropped when he picked Cena up for the slam. Just when you think Henry can't get any better he goes and raises the bar yet again.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great episode from top to bottom. Add me to the list of people who were skeptical about it being a real retirement then once he started crying I bought it. Menry is the man. Great to see Lesnar back too. Should be an interesting summer ahead.

• Moderators

Mark Henry's suit was fucking swole.

IN MY OPINION, Cena and Henry are both the drizzling shits.

YOUR OPINION is wrong. Mark Henry is King and amazing and going to split wigs and make sure ass is kicked and air is indeed paid for. One of the best Raws I've seen in some time. The 3 hours flew for the first time. Gutted that pasty jaundiced git Christian is back. What's their left for him to do? I've seen him in every position and every combination. It's not that he's dump, just that I've seen it all with him. Several times. And he's got a yellowish hue. Del Rio's promo was a good one, which is rare for a "I'm a heel now" promo in WWE. Dunno where this McMahon stuff is going, and I'm probably not as bothered about Punk vs Lesnar as anyone else as neither of those gents get some blood in my cock, but it's a decent programme name-wise for Summerslam, one concedes.

Gutted that pasty jaundiced git Christian is back. What's their left for him to do? I've seen him in every position and every combination. It's not that he's dump, just that I've seen it all with him.

He's hopefully gonna be a designated Main Event guy and that's about it. I don't want to hear him talk or see him involved in anything meaningful really, but I could dig him giving guys like Henry and Cesaro a good ten or so minutes on the Wednesday show.

• Moderators

Yeah, that I could live with. Main Event seems the be the show for a solid 20 minute match and he'd make a fine addition on there. But like you, I have no desire to see him involved in anything of note.

• Paid Members

Laurence Olivier would have given a testicle for a performance as good as Henry's. Genuinely one of the greatest angles ever and everybody involved deserves some gravy. How is it even possible to be that convincing? The hug into the WSS was timed brilliantly too, seamless.Quite up for Punk v Lesnar, purely for those Punk/Heyman promos.The build up to Summer Slam has amazing potential.

It was the little quips, like 'I thought if y'all forgot me, you'd at least remember this coat' and 'no, not Mae Young dumby' that made it seem so genuine. The announcers were great, too, doing their 'this is real life' voices.I can't get over how great it was.

When was the last time anyone achieved that level of acting performance in wrestling?There can't be that many examples.

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is maybe Big Show when he can be bothered and Kane has been gold in recent weeks but Menry's performance this week was on a whole different level.A McMahon power struggle in 2013 is one the last things I want to see and I found myself hoping that AJ was going to waffle Stephanie with the Divas belt.

I just watched the Menry segment again, and the bastard nearly had me AGAIN. I don't even know how it's possible to well up the second time around, knowing the twist, but I did. Jesus. So great.The McMahons are having a laugh and just taking the piss at the minute, aren't they?The other week we had Vince on his high horse about the fans being organ grinders and wanting a pound of flesh and then some from the talent, and last night Steph saddled up and waxed lyrical about degrading women.

The McMahons are having a laugh and just taking the piss at the minute, aren't they?The other week we had Vince on his high horse about the fans being organ grinders and wanting a pound of flesh and then some from the talent, and last night Steph saddled up and waxed lyrical about degrading women.

I can only hope that it leads to the lot of them being written off of TV forever. I was half expecting Vickie to break down and quit when she was surrounded.

Archived