Raw discussion 17/6/13 *spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit it...Menry got me..I thought it might have "been a set-up all along"..but when he cried and Cena looked genuinely touched by what he said, i felt it WAS real after all...but the swerve was great. Never been that big a fan of Henry's, but he did his job well here... AND Lesnar giving Punk an F5 sets up a good summer thing...wonder what the motivation from Heyman will be for this.Daniel Bryan was great as usual, Christian is back! I kinda enjoy his stuff even if he does look about 90 years old.When AJ was talking about diva's having the guts to come out, i actually expected Trish Stratus or Kharma tbh...but Steph McMahon was a nice touch...speaking of which, might have been the heels she was wearing, but i never realised how tall Stephanie is...UNLESS all the divas are tiny!Good show.. :thumbsup:

Back to back, two great nights in a row for WWE. Of course, a show with the returns of Christian and Brock Lesnar were always going to be an A+ in my book. Christian needs some "workout advice" from Lesnar, if you catch my drift.I've never bought into the guy as much as others on here have, but fuck me, Mark Henry was the star of the show by a country mile. When he came out with the boots, my suspicions were raised about it being a swerve, was a tad too heavy-handed, but Henry did an amazing job with the tears and the emotion in his voice. Nearly had me convinced, just brilliant.Bryan had me worried with the barricade crash, that looked nasty. Two things on the show that just about suckered me in.Nice to see WWE learn their lesson and cut Ambrose/Kane short. Not sure I like the power struggle with Vince and HHH.Steph came across as the world's biggest bitch in that AJ segment, which was some achievement given the heat AJ was getting.

might have been the heels she was wearing, but i never realised how tall Stephanie is...UNLESS all the divas are tiny!

I didn't notice with the other Divas, but she looked like a giant next to AJ, who scrapes about 5 feet tall.Nice babyface fire from Ziggles in that brief 30 seconds. Great speed and intensity.Another smart decision was not having Lesnar speak, although it was clear with his proximity to Punk what was going to happen.Besides the Henry segment, my favourite part of the show was that they opened by quickly establishing Del Rio as a heel and Punk and Ziggler as faces. I've seen too much of the drawn out ambiguity in the past, it was nice to get clear cut answers. Very eventful, newsworthy show.

Absolutely amazing episode. Even bloody Steph was good tonight. I was never a huge Henry man myself but that was legit one of the best wrestling segments I've ever seen. I can live with the Mcmahons if they're not taking up to much time like tonight. So many interesting things going on at the minute. A lot of stuff is nicely falling into place. And it seems like they've got the mid card belts on guys they want to actually push. Even a couple of Diva's are relevant at the moment. I've no idea if the Bryan injury is legit or not, he sure fooled me if not. Great stuff from top to bottom. Not a whiff of Ryback though! Poor bloke.

Bloody hell, what a show. You can't expect them to keep that standard up all the time but it was the best Raw in aaaages.Can't work out if the Bryan thing is a work or not, it looked like he could have easily been hurt and the commentators seemed a bit confused without milking it too much. If they're gonna do the "he's hurt for real" thing, that's the way to do it. AJ's best work. The nervousness in her voice went really quickly and she grew into it and nailed it.The Vince-HHH-Steph thing was better this evening, still a bit hit and miss. I like the way they had Vickie as the puppet and they were all trying to manipulate her. Hopefully it'll end with them all stabbing her in the back and putting Maddox in charge on his own. Cena's promo was very good. Henry was awesome, absolutely immense. It was always a bit too good to be true, but damn, he must have had almost everyone fooled by the end. Ziggler storming Del Rio was good. Lesnar picking up the mic before the pounce was a nice touch. Very few low points. Great stuff. I wonder if Raw really has been booked on the fly the last few weeks. It felt like too strong a show to have followed weeks of making it up as they went along.

Don't know what else anyone could have asked for with that Raw. The only shit thing on it was the McMahon stuff. Mark Henry fucking HAD me.

Its funny because I was just saying to somebody earlier in the day he won't retire.. He'll do something with Cena and go into a programme with him.. .Then as soon as he asked Cena to stay I thought I was right.. I then doubted it because he was crying... Funnily enough I was actually right..

For me, the Henry segment was at least the best since Batista gave Triple H the thumbs down. It was fucking superb. If Vince was really mad at Henry for being made of glass, I bet he's not now. I bet he's jiggling Menrys balls as we speak. There was just so many little touches that made it seem not at all like a wrestling promo. Excellent.I watch too much wrestling, I called stinger about 3 seconds after D-Bry got hurt. Nice to see Ortons as professional as ever; 'WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?'.I like Christian. I really like Mark Henry. I love CM Punk. I fucking love Brock Lesnar.So, yeah, it catered to my needs.

Raw on the whole since Wrestlemania has been really good tv IMO, theres a new wave of guys there giving time too who are interesting like Bryan, The Sheild, Axel etc and the old guard like Jericho, Kane, Orton have put in a decent shift too.Adding Punk, Lesnar, Christian, HHH as a semi regular, Henry, Ziggler as a face and Del Rio as a heel, a returning RVD, and The Wyatt Family coming in and it makes for a exciting summer ahead.The whole Henry thing was awesome, add me in to expecting him to turn on Cena but then falling for the promo ( I was even contemplating Henry as a HOF inductee next year) and then marking out for the Henry swerve. Not too keen on the match but this segment was pure gold.The Punk/Lesnar stuff was awesome too, Im a massive Punk mark and its great having him back, The confrontation with Punk as another excellent segment.Happy it seems theyre finally going to do something with Cesaro, Del Rio is sooo much better as a heel, The Bryan stuff is still gold, The Sheild are still gold and was cool seeing Christian back.Loving WWE at the moment, Looking forward to money in the bank next month.For RVD id love him to be a Heyman guy too and possibley do him vs Punk at the pay per view.Summerslam is also shaping up to be the best in years.Punk/Lesnar and probabley Bryan/Cena, how good would that be, if they added some kind HHH/Kane & Taker vs The Sheild then it could be the best PPV in many years.

Archived