The Championship/Lower Leagues Thread 2013/14

patiirc

• Paid Members

I feel for you Houchen, been through this twice. Once was bad enough but pretty much gave up on the club after the second time when we actually were shut down and reformed in the division below(all this within 10 years aswell) only so much fans can take in situations like this.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Two games in, I know it means nothing, but I think David Flitcroft is on borrowed time. The parameters under which Barnsley work requires a creative transfer policy. Keith Hill was pretty good at finding players with fixable problems for a while but ran out of road when those players didn't become available. Given they sacked Hill, if this continues, Flitcroft will be gone too.

People are beginning to slowly realise SO'D isnt the messiah 1 win in 14 league games and a .90 PPG point average isnt sending the greatest signals. All for change, if it occurs on the pitch rather than the rhetoric. Sadly after 8 months is same old same old, not going well. I predict pain unless we can suddenly get our act in gear. PS Frank Fielding is shit. How did he get an England Callup?

• Paid Members
People are beginning to slowly realise SO'D isnt the messiah 1 win in 14 league games and a .90 PPG point average isnt sending the greatest signals. All for change, if it occurs on the pitch rather than the rhetoric. Sadly after 8 months is same old same old, not going well. I predict pain unless we can suddenly get our act in gear. PS Frank Fielding is shit. How did he get an England Callup?

Anyone else not have a clue who or what this mean?

Really? I thought everyone knew that Francis David "Frank" Fielding (born 4 April 1988) is an English footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Bristol City.

According to some old duffer in Fishponds, he is as good as Harry Clay. The best goalie who I ever saw at the club.

Fishponds is Gas Territory :p As for Harry Clay. Mike Gibson will earn much kudos :)

Thats me joined the fantasy league. Bit late but only just saw this, hopefully can make up the deficit.

That's everyone in thus far. If anyone wants to enter, still early days and anyone can still win!

Two games in, I know it means nothing, but I think David Flitcroft is on borrowed time. The parameters under which Barnsley work requires a creative transfer policy. Keith Hill was pretty good at finding players with fixable problems for a while but ran out of road when those players didn't become available. Given they sacked Hill, if this continues, Flitcroft will be gone too.

I disagree. The end of last season bought him plenty of time to get things right. There's been plenty of changes behind the scenes over the summer at board level and he's ben a big part of it. He's not finished his transfer business yet, and he's spoken about bringing a striker or two in before Saturday - which is what we need. Sure we've lost two in two, but take away a freak own goal in the 94th minute, it would have been a good point on Saturday away at Blackpool. The Wigan result was a write off, man gets sent off after an hour, and one of the best sides in the division takes advantage.

I'll come back to you after fifteen games and see where we are.

I disagree. The end of last season bought him plenty of time to get things right. There's been plenty of changes behind the scenes over the summer at board level and he's ben a big part of it. He's not finished his transfer business yet, and he's spoken about bringing a striker or two in before Saturday - which is what we need. Sure we've lost two in two, but take away a freak own goal in the 94th minute, it would have been a good point on Saturday away at Blackpool. The Wigan result was a write off, man gets sent off after an hour, and one of the best sides in the division takes advantage.

I'll come back to you after fifteen games and see where we are.

I don't disagree, Max. However, I'm not sure that Barnsley have ever shown patience with a manager in the Championship. Andy Ritchie, Simon Davey and Keith Hill were all booted because of poor starts to the season and in every case you could understand the logic. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to Flitcroft. Having 10,000 crowds and a desire to break even every year in a division where Leicester lose tens of millions a season requires patience and an acceptance that relegation is an occupational hazard. However, Barnsley's board don't seem to include the manager in the plan.

I love pat and seph's "Reports from a Doomed Football Club". And surely if you don't know who S'OD is, Si, you have to check in your Football League supporters card!

Thats me joined the fantasy league. Bit late but only just saw this, hopefully can make up the deficit.

I hav e a serious question about this. I've made three transfers already, do I have to use the other two within the calendar month or within a genuine month?

Archived