Mark Henry to retire?

Callum1993

• Paid Members

A black man can't racially abuse a black man.

Hayes said "I'm more nigger than you are". Hayes wasn't wrong either, because what wrestling has taught me is that a true black man in wrestling would have been taken to wrestlers court and beaten with belts and made to buy Hayes beer after it. Henry sticking up for himself proved Hayes correct somewhat.

I'm not going to read the rest of this thread incase there are any raw spoilers, so I post this before watching Raw.I believe it to be a shame if he decides to retire now, as it is only in the last 2 years that Henry has finally found his place and became interesting. Prior to that, for me at least, he was always nothing more than an extra guy on the roster who I wasn't particularly interested in watching. However, since his recent come back where he started doing his "THAT'S WHAT I DO!" gimmick, I've found him really watchable.If Henry does decide it's time to retire, at least he's retiring while he's up there in the top mix of WWE guys. Either way, good luck to him.

I must have watched the Henry segment close on 10 times now, and every time he picks cena up, it gets me. Switch in crowd noise too, just amazing

• Paid Members

He was 250k was he not, was big show with 1m downside

At the time Henry's was reported as a ten-year contract worth $10m, so most people naturally assumed it was worth a colossal $1m a year. I'm sure it came out at some point that Mark was actually pulling in $250k a year, so it might have been a case of "worth up to $10m" with various incentives and whatnot and a downside of $250k. Something similar happened with the winners of the Diva Search, who won a $1m dollar contract. It was actually structured as $1m over four years with the option to drop the deal after the first year, and so what happened is that the winners would find themselves cut having been paid $250k.On topic: "That bastard! That fucking bastard!" from Ronette as soon as Henry hit the WSS and poor Cena was left prone. He got us. Cracking performance from Henry. That's what he does.

• Paid Members

According to my youngest brother, he was watching it on Tuesday and my mum, who only knows and likes The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan, was in the room doing some work on her laptop and paying no attention to Raw. But even she got so caught up in it and when Henry attacked Cena she went "OH GOD WHY DID HE DO THAT?!"

He was 250k was he not, was big show with 1m downside

At the time Henry's was reported as a ten-year contract worth $10m, so most people naturally assumed it was worth a colossal $1m a year. I'm sure it came out at some point that Mark was actually pulling in $250k a year, so it might have been a case of "worth up to $10m" with various incentives and whatnot and a downside of $250k. Something similar happened with the winners of the Diva Search, who won a $1m dollar contract. It was actually structured as $1m over four years with the option to drop the deal after the first year, and so what happened is that the winners would find themselves cut having been paid $250k.
Also with the $1 Million Dollar Tough Enough, that's why Daniel Puder didn't stick around, they wanted to shove him in OVW and renegotiate the contract to be a regular developmental deal, he said, "fuck that" and left the company altogether.As far as Henry's performance, I said it elsewhere, but he made me care if he retired. Prior to Raw, I couldn't have given two shits if he left, and in one segment, he made me want to see him on my TV screen for another 5 years.

Archived