Smackdown discussion

gadge

Sums the wwe up like, why on earth have that on a random smackdown. Why didn't that happen on a ppv?! Or at the very least on a hyped raw?! Awful booking, made no sense. SO bad. What a waste.

So people will watch Smackdown as well as RAW.

• Paid Members

I had the result of the main event spoiled in another thread too, but those last six minutes were still absolute magic to watch. It was particularly great seeing the reactions of the front row fans opposite the hard camera to every near fall, and when Orton got speared by Reigns in the closing stretch the crowd sounded like they'd all been hit by it as well. It sounded like there were quite a lot of younger fans in attendance, and the slightly higher pitched screams of anguish when it looked like Bryan would lose made the whole thing that little bit more dramatic.. I thought the false finish off the missed diving headbutt in particular was incredible. People are so used to Bryan falling at the last hurdle that they were on the edge of their seats waiting for the wind to be knocked out of their sails but holding onto a glimmer of hope that it wouldn't. Even knowing the result I still got caught up in the buzz of it all and had a bit of a shiver down the spine moment when the finish came. Tremendous stuff. I know the Shield/Hell No program couldn't go on forever, but what a wonderful series it has been for all involved. Great matches, super strong booking and everyone comes out of it so much stronger than when it started. My feud of the year at the half way mark and I'm not sure what could top it. I'm also a little bit sad that these six mans won't be there to take the edge off those three hour episodes of Raw too. A lot more skipping in my future I feel.

I know many on here thinks Cesaro's shit now, but I preferred his match with Sheamus to the main event. Sheamus is really good right now as we'll, this is his second great match with Cesaro in as many weeks, and the Barrett match from a week before that was really good too. Character-wise, there's not much depth to Cesaro, but when it comes to an actual wrestling match, there's nobody I'd rather watch.

• Moderators

Yeah. His matches and that are definitely main event level, I can tell that a mile off. Something just doesn't 'click' for me with him though. I don't know what it is. I like him, but not as much as I normally would someone that good. Something just seems missing.

I really wish they'd get Big E out of that eye watering bumkini thing as well. The NXT get up was fine for him. Big E's pretty great, especailly as a face. AJ should lose and make up with Kaitlyn at Payback , Dolph to bumble his way through another defence and the whole pathetic/adorable trio should turn face somehow.

I think my problem with Cesaro is that he looks and acts a bit too goofy to pull off the no-nonsense strongman, "THROWBACK!"' thing, yet his ring stuff, impressive as it is, is too dry and, erm . . no - nonsense . . for him to be a camp curiosity. I don't know. Maybe he's just one of those guys that needs to stop trying so hard and be himself a bit more. It might click yet.

The Bryan win was fantastic but my babyyyy Heath Slater won as well! Surely the Heath mega push will begin now. Pure wrestling gold that man.

Even though I had the main event spoiled for me like others did, from that moron on the forum, I really enjoyed the main event in spite of that. It made the WWE's MVP Daniel Bryan look great and the ending helped protect the Shield because it took a Flying RKO and the No Lock to defeat them. It's a great ending to Team Hell No's 6 Man Tags against the Shield as they will move onto other things after Payback.

I really wish they'd get Big E out of that eye watering bumkini thing as well.

His ring attire disturbs me especially when his legs get hooked when he is getting pinned. Also the whole Teddy running Smackdown while Booker is out injured is intriguing. It will add to the storyline when he turns on Book. A very good Smackdown overall.

Archived