Smackdown discussion

gadge

• Paid Members

I just watched Smackdown while it was on, rather than by Sky+, which was weird enough in itself. Then I see there's nothing posted about the show or the spoilers for the Payback go home show.Anyway, this week was highlighted by Del Rio and Jericho vs Ziggler and Big E in a good tag bout, Undertaker vs Ultimate Warrior in the vault match..Oh yeah, and a stunning six man rematch from the Raw before last in the main event. Brilliant stuff. Everyone should seek this out.

• Paid Members

I might be in the minority, but Bryan has got a big win over the Shield before his inevitable loss on Sunday and long singles feud with Orton. So I think Smackdown was probably the exact time to do it. He finally got his win before he returns to singles and gets his monster push. Bryan beating the Shield wont mean much in the grand scheme of things anyway. This means on Sunday the Shield will get the win that matters and Bryan will go onto bigger and better things in singles, while still having a win over them. I think the booking of this was well thought out. Bryan vs The Shield is over on Sunday anyway. Bryan's win meant more than the Shield losing, so nobody is hurt by it, and if you did this on Raw or PPV its not like it would have made much of a difference this they will be playing this on Sunday to build heat for the tag match where I imagine the Orton and Bryan split will happen.

• Paid Members

The final moments of that main event were fucking spectacular. If you're reading this thread before you've seen the show, you're a knob, but you definitely NEED to go and check it out. Top class stuff. Unfortunately some utter bellend had spoiled the result for me earlier today in another thread, otherwise I'd have been bouncing up and down on my sofa at the end of the show.

I've no issue with the booking either. As Ian said, it makes sense if the intention is for Hell No to move away from The Shield after Payback. Rather than giving it the predictable 'typical WWE / what a waste / why not do it on a big PPV' routine, why not just enjoy watching your wrestling for what it is. Nobody would have thought The Shield would get beat there, which is why the place was going batshit mental as the closing moments of that match unfolded. I love stuff like that.

• Paid Members

Sums the wwe up like, why on earth have that on a random smackdown. Why didn't that happen on a ppv?! Or at the very least on a hyped raw?! Awful booking, made no sense. SO bad. What a waste.

I didn't even see this. I'll bash WWE booking if they fuck up my enjoyment of something, but how can anyone who likes wrestling watch that main event and post that afterwards? The fans were jumping in the arenas. I dont give a fuck if it was on TNA Xplosion or XPW TV and only 4 people tuned in. The match, the finish and the crowd reaction was immense. What do people want out of their wrestling?I doubt Bryan will ever make the Cena/Batista bracket (not many can), but I think he'd do better than CM Punk did as secondary babyface. People just love this bloke. Kids love him as well. He's like a mixture of Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio in terms of the audience he brings. He's got the genuine respect from the crowd Benoit had, he's got the likable factor that Guerrero had and kids love him because he's funny, likable and does cool things. He's shagging a Bella as well so women probably dont him repulsive either. He's got so much upside at the minute. I hope they run with him.

Sums the wwe up like, why on earth have that on a random smackdown. Why didn't that happen on a ppv?! Or at the very least on a hyped raw?! Awful booking, made no sense. SO bad. What a waste.

I concur with what others have said about this, but I'd also say it's good for elevating the importance of Smackdown, which is something they've obviously been trying to do a little bit recently. Admittedly it's mostly thanks to Daniel Bryan related stuff, but if I hadn't been watching SD, saw the highlights of all this stuff on Raw and realised I'd missed something important, I'd be gutted and making sure it doesn't happen in future. They should do stuff like this more often, not less.

Without the tramp hair Bryan's got that wholesome all American boy look about him. He'll certainly do well if they market him decent.

I think the Mentalist hair and beard works. It sets his look apart even more so and when he's the babyface in peril it some how helps give him the same sort of simpathy vote that George the Animal Steel you used to get.

I didn't say the main event wasn't seriously good, I really enjoyed it however they had been building to Bryan eventually getting the victory so why didn't they just do that at payback or on the last raw where it would at least seem more important. Nobody even watches smackdown.

I didn't say the main event wasn't seriously good, I really enjoyed it however they had been building to Bryan eventually getting the victory so why didn't they just do that at payback or on the last raw where it would at least seem more important. Nobody even watches smackdown.

2.5 million against raws 3.9 million. Hardly nobody.

Nobody even watches smackdown.

Well what better way to try and redress that issue that than by having great shit like that popping up on it now and again?You obviously saw it, so why should you care? Everybody else will hear about is soon enough anyway, it adds a bit of unpredictability to the programming, and they might even show highlights of it on RAW next week.It's all good.

Archived