TNA - Bound For Glory Series

PSF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an ideal world it'd be Steiner and Jarrett. Although bringing in Jarrett as a man you could trust is probably a shit idea given the character's track record.

Never say never with Steiner, but TNA would have to pay for him to get his dick fixed first.I thought it significant that Angle mentioned Jarrett in his speech at the PPV. It's generally assumed that Jarrett doesn't get asked back because of his previous problems with Angle (Ian's mentioned that before) so Angle thanking him seems like a sign. Personally, them having had a whole long feud after Jarrett married Karen suggests to me that they've buried the hatchet long ago.Nash is free, and has a lot of friends in TNA, so I think he's a possibility too. I guess they're planning on Joe, although his only really effective bit of characterisation is being a lone wolf. That probably means Magnus too, as he's had a beef with Aces&8s for ages.I can't see Magnus winning the title this year, unlike nobber, but I do think he's becoming their next big thing. I reckon they can see him making some money for them over here, if nothing else, plus he's clearly got all the goods.Of course, he'll never be seen as one of their "big stars" - you need to have been a top act in WWE for them to see you like that. Even guys like Joe and Roode as still second-tier.

I was really disappointed to see Crimson lose the qualifier. He looked great and I was really getting into the match. I understand they need a jobber to boost everyone else's numbers and dont mind Park being in the mix, but I really would have liked to see Crimson in the running. I'd have swapped him with Kaz. One member of Bad Influence is enough for the series

• Paid Members

Came across this online. If anyone has any complaints about the BFG tournament check out the rules of TNA's Fight For The Fight tournament. Hilarious how Mike Tenay has to explain all that in a "its really not that hard" tone of voice. Its a headache just listening to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=6ecMf_8J2lo

Styles has this one in the bag. Judging by his recent performances with Angle, Styles is putting the effort back into his matches big time and that's something I'm looking forward to be seeing. Sabin Vs Styles does sound very realistic for the event as we all know the title match wont be going on last. Sting/Hogan Vs Team 3D will close the show. Where BFG will also feature MEM Vs Aces and Eights, Chavo Vs Hernandez (after Hernandez is cost the tournament after Chavo costs him it), I could see Hardy Vs Joe very likely for BFG too extending from the BFG series. I'd like to see them continue forming some tag teams over the next few months and do something good with Bad Influence, throw them in the ever so dead X-Division.

You may be right, but I really can't see them having a World Title match that is Styles v Sabin, it's just lacking in enough star power for BFG.

Yeah I agree it isn't your typical title match you'd expect for the biggest event of the year. I can imagine they sweet talked Sabin into returning and may have promised him a small reign with the title. Judging from their 2004-2007 matches the two had some great chemistry against each other and I'm sure now they would be even better. The only thing that reassures me on this is Lockdown 2010 they had D'Angelo Dinero Vs AJ Styles and looking back to then they had a stacked roster. Obviously the match got a terrible ending and is forgot about, but still.

• Paid Members

Sabin Vs Styles does sound very realistic for the event as we all know the title match wont be going on last. Sting/Hogan Vs Team 3D will close the show.

Hogan wont close the show. He'll want to outshine whatever goes on last. He's not going to take the risk of bombing in the main event.If Sabin vs Styles is the main event to a pay-per-view you are asking people to pay $40 for, thats a rotten deal whatever the undercard is. Kevin Steen vs Matt Hardy is a bigger match than that and will be twice and enjoyable. Sabin's a small wrestler, with two heavy knee braces on who spent 2 years on the sidelines. And worse still, he's never had much charisma or interview skills anyway. Imagine the interviews leading up to a Sabin vs Styles match? They dont mesh as a main event act. That match isn't even a midcard act in 2013. Its a fun match to put on Impact. An actual feud between them leading into the biggest show of the year sounds awful.

It could very well happen. The only other possibilty is to have Styles Vs Ray for the strap but with another multi-man TNA Vs Aces and Eights match. Which without Hogan wrestling has been done one too many times before so I cannot particularly see any interest. The most logical thing to do is to have Team 3D Vs Sting/Hogan in some 'Winner take all Stipulation' headling the show. Hogan knows he gets the biggest pop plus with a storyline which they have invested so much time in, it'd make perfect sense to have it close the show. It's been teased all year for Hogan to wrestle, in London they had him attacked backstage and since then more fuel has been added to the fire.If you think a short feud between the champ and BFG series winner is gonna close the show compared to the Hogan/Sting Vs Aces and Eights angle which has had 14 months+ invested in it. Well, your abit of an idiot really.

• Paid Members

If you think a short feud between the champ and BFG series winner is gonna close the show compared to the Hogan/Sting Vs Aces and Eights angle which has had 14 months+ invested in it. Well, your abit of an idiot really.

Yeah, its not like Sting and Hogan worked 2011 after doing a 2 year build in a semi main and let Bobby Roode and Kurt Angle wrestle on a one month build. And its also not like Jeff Hardy and Austin Aries wrestled in the main event last year on 4 weeks build after the whole show was built around the Aces and 8s for months on end. I've ever once thought the most logical thing in the world is to put a 60 year old man who can barely walk down the ramp on last. Special attraction matches never go on last. And nor should they. You need something to go on last in case it all goes pear shaped. Well done for coming across as a bit of an idiot.

• Paid Members

Is it not at all likely Angle could take the belt off Bully by BFG? Or are we expecting something with he and Rampage there? I was thinking possibly Styles vs Angle with some sort of Rampage involvement. They've done it recently but BFG is months away and they're one a piece now. Failing that Styles vs Hardy could be a decent enough main event for a BFG but I'm not sure how that would come together if they are both in the series, maybe even Angle vs Hardy. Surely it won't be Styles vs Sabin in the main though. I'm intrigued by Park being in there too, with Abyss being TV champ adding further curiosity.

The Park storyline continues to be excellent and innovative. They keep showing just enough of Abyss in Joseph to make you think it's going to come out, but then their storylines split again, and right now they've got completely separate feuds.I find Park to an incredibly sympathetic babyface, who's useless but usually wins by fluke. I'm really hoping they'll schedule a Park v Abyss match for the tv title, just to see what happens.Angle could beat Bully but there's no real storyline for it, unless Angle=MEM, and therefore takes the title from Bully.I'm still holding out hope that Roode will win the BFG series and get back into the main events. He screams superstar in everything he does right now, he always reminds me of HHH in his pomp.

Archived