Great Bear: The Curse of Il Coccodrillo - 20th July

cache_2438814569.jpg

Great Bear Promotions presents a scintillating summer night of wrestling when it returns to Sandbach on July 20th! With Joey Hayes failing to dethrone Damon Leigh at 'Battle Kingdom 2' Great Bear management has decided that a 20 man over the top Battle Royal to determine a number one contender to the crown! There will also be another 5 matches on the night!

cache_2438814564.jpg

'Deadly' Damon Leigh has already completed a trifecta of title defences since winning the Great Bear Grand Championship back in January. Chuck Taylor, LA Austin and Joey Hayes have all fallen foul of Leigh's in-ring cunning, lax interpretation of the rules and outside interference of Leigh's valets. Can whoever wins the Rumble topple Damon Leigh in the same night? Or will the Sandbach crowd once again see 7 Deadly Suplexes to retain the Great Bear Grand Championship?

cache_2438744696.jpg

In the final first round match in the Light Heavyweight tournament Hoho Lun faces 'The Man for All Seasons' Xander Cooper. Hoho impressed in his debut for the company, albeit in a heavily one-sided match that saw him squashed by The Henchmen and Cyanide. However the spirit the Zero-1 Hong Kong star showed in the match endeared him to the crowd and the will be eager to see him progress in this tournament. Facing Hoho will be the brash Xander Cooper. Cooper returned to Great Bear in April with an impressive victory over Evan Sarven where his impressive ringmanship saw him upstage the much bigger man. How will Cooper fare against a wrestler just as quick as him? This match promises to be an interesting affair!

cache_2438892647.jpg

Great Bear management have announced an epic 6 man tag team for ‘The Curse of Il Coccodrillo’ with the returning Pete Dunne teaming up with his brother Damian and Eddy Dennis to face Joey Hayes, ‘Flash’ Morgan Webster and Joey Vega!

cache_2439480633.jpg

We can reveal that a match between Hong-Kong Zero1 star Jason New and Great Bear's Chris Brookes has been signed for July 20th, with the winner qualifying for the number one contender-ship match in September!

cache_2439989919.jpg

Final match announced for Saturday's show as Dylan Roberts looks to pick up another win in Great Bear after his debut victory. The man who stands in his way however is the arrogant, devious and underhand Joshua Bodom!

Come see us live:

'The Curse of Il Coccodrillo'

Saturday 20th July

Live @ Sandbach Boys School

Crewe Road

Sandbach

CW11 3NS

Tickets are available through the Great Bear website and will be delivered to your door!

The action starts @ 6:00 pm, Doors open @ 5:30 pm, Finish at the latest 8.15pm!

We look forward to seeing you there!

• 2 weeks later...

300.jpg

The show that Lince Dorado called 'pretty cool' is now available for you to buy! Filmed and edited by our lovely new production crew this is the best looking DVD we've ever put out!

Matches include:

Chris Brookes v.s. Damian Dunne

Cyanide & The Henchmen vs. Evan Sarven, HoHo Lun & Matt Fox

Light Heavyweight Tournament First Round Match -

Mark Andrews vs. Joey Vega

Saxon Huxley vs. Dylan Roberts

Light Heavyweight Tournament First Round Match

Morgan Webster vs. Kamil Aleksander

Great Bear Grand Title Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match

Damon Leigh © v.s. Joey Hayes

With all those brilliant matches lined up there really is no excuse not to pick up a copy today!

From Right here!

cache_2439480633.jpg

Jason New vs. 'Calamari Catch' Chris Brookes

Great Bear management can reveal that a match between Hong-Kong Zero1 star Jason New and Great Bear's Chris Brookes has been signed for July 20th, with the winner qualifying for the number one contender-ship match in September!

Jason New follows his fellow countryman, Hoho Lun, to Great Bear. New is an extremely talented light-heavyweight wrestler and has competed extensive tours for Zero1 in Japan, competing against the likes of Jack Gallagher, Jonathan Gresham and Ikuto Hidaka.

Facing him will be Chris Brookes. Brookes continues to impress in Great Bear with his recent victory over Damian Dunne at Battle Kingdom 2. The Tipton native will be looking forward to putting his skills to the test against international talent and perhaps will be looking forward to a number one contender-ship match.

We're sure this will be an exciting battle that you won't want to miss out on! Purchase tickets for the show today from: http://www.great-bear-promotions.co.uk/tickets/

• 2 weeks later...
You sacked you're commentator for liking another wrestling company on twitter? Bit soft that lads.

Hitman this is the second time I've addressed this with you. Its bullshit. Look at the roster we have, then look at FS... If the statement you just made was even half true I'd have no workers.

When was the first time you went through it with me cos ive genuinely no idea of any communication with you over it.

You sacked you're commentator for liking another wrestling company on twitter? Bit soft that lads.

Hitman this is the second time I've addressed this with you. Its bullshit. Look at the roster we have, then look at FS... If the statement you just made was even half true I'd have no workers.

When was the first time you went through it with me cos ive genuinely no idea of any communication with you over it.

replied to your tweet last night

Hello Great Bear, I just wanted to point out GPW have never had a problem with Marc but I appreciate there has been fault on both sides and taking all into consideration I respect your decision and wish you guys all the best!

• Moderators

What's worse....a BritWres promoter whining about some idiot posting "libellous" stuff about their promotion or some annoying tit who thinks he's some sort of BritWres martyr?

Answer: both. So shut up the pair of you.

Let's keep this about the wrestling most people really don't care less who's employed or not with companies just as long as the in ring entertainment is of a good standard that's what true fans care about not backstage politics /bollocks!

Archived