Raw, 10th June. Payback Go-Home Show

Arch Stanton

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Maybe long tights might do him a favour. His knickers always seem too small.

He mostly wore long tights on the indies and the look suited him.On the subject of small costumes, one of these days Big E's Big D is going to come flying out of his singlet during a match and probably knock someone out. Well hopefully anyway.

Was ok, the Cena/Ryback feud does seem to be one of the least over WWE title feuds I can remember, not sure why, just hope Cena wins the last two falls on Sunday and moves onto something more interestingThe Kaitlyn/AJ segment was good, not just because of Kaitlyn's top either, actually looking forward to their match

• Paid Members

Was ok, the Cena/Ryback feud does seem to be one of the least over WWE title feuds I can remember, not sure why

Because Cena's act is stale as fuck and Ryback has been booked like utter shit all year probably.

• Paid Members

The June pay-per-views are usually WWE's yearly equivalent to a fag break. The last few years you've had the Fatal Four Way (which I remember hating at the time), then the R-Truth vs Cena match, then Big Show vs Cena and now Ryback vs Cena. All those weren't built up very well either from what I remember. Even the ECW PPVs they did years ago were a break from the norm, where most of the writing staff were probably hoping it would fail so they could laugh at Heyman's ponytail the next day.They usually do the big summer angle post June PPV, so they might have their thinking caps on at the minute. Usually when I think of June in WWE, I think "big waste of time".

On the subject of small costumes, one of these days Big E's Big D is going to come flying out of his singlet during a match and probably knock someone out. Well hopefully anyway.

He really needed to sort out his singlet yesterday, didn't he? I've been a wrestling fan since I was a little kid, so I'm used to grown men in pants rolling around, but there's times when it borders on the slightly obscene. Funny stuff though. You just know that he's going to concuss AJ with one of his coconut sized bollocks one day. That opening segment sums up why Triple H can really fuck me off sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the great things that he's been involved in over the years, but it's just these small things that he does now and then that really get on my wick. Barring the ridiculousness of the segment, it really irked me that he had Axel in a headlock for what seemed like an eternity while keeping his eyes firmly on Vince as he came down. If Triple H cares more about Vince coming down the ramp than focusing on this highly rated youngster, then why should take Curtis Axel seriously? I know it won't matter in the grand scheme of things, but it annoyed me at the time of watching it.

Barring the ridiculousness of the segment, it really irked me that he had Axel in a headlock for what seemed like an eternity while keeping his eyes firmly on Vince as he came down. If Triple H cares more about Vince coming down the ramp than focusing on this highly rated youngster, then why should take Curtis Axel seriously?

Why should who take Curtis Axel seriously? Us? The whole point of the storyline was that Triple H shouldn't take him seriously -- and all of his wins so far against everyone but Sin Cara have been flukes and technicalities. He's not in the same league as Cena and Triple H, nor are we meant to see him as such. He's presented as a guy with potential but out of his depth, pulling off wins through no skill of his own. He's been handed victories over the WWE champion and a legend and he acts like he's earning them. That's why we're meant to hate him.

Barring the ridiculousness of the segment, it really irked me that he had Axel in a headlock for what seemed like an eternity while keeping his eyes firmly on Vince as he came down. If Triple H cares more about Vince coming down the ramp than focusing on this highly rated youngster, then why should take Curtis Axel seriously?

Why should who take Curtis Axel seriously? Us? The whole point of the storyline was that Triple H shouldn't take him seriously -- and all of his wins so far against everyone but Sin Cara have been flukes and technicalities. He's not in the same league as Cena and Triple H, nor are we meant to see him as such. He's presented as a guy with potential but out of his depth, pulling off wins through no skill of his own. He's been handed victories over the WWE champion and a legend and he acts like he's earning them. That's why we're meant to hate him.
I dig the fluke victories, but for Triple H to have him in a headlock for ages whilst staring out an old man makes Axel look a complete chump. I get that he's out of his depth against the people he's faced so far, but there's a way of presenting it without making him look like a jobber. And as I said, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, but it irked me when I watched it.

Was ok, the Cena/Ryback feud does seem to be one of the least over WWE title feuds I can remember, not sure why, just hope Cena wins the last two falls on Sunday and moves onto something more interesting.

I'd bet my bank account that Ryback wins the table match fall, because it's easy for Cena to lose that one in a fluky fashion. Cena wins the first after the lumberjacks throw a scared little Ryback back into the ring, Cena slips on a banana peel and falls through a table, then they get to the meat of the match with the ambulance. Which I'd say Cena wins, but you never know, they might decide to shock us, there's always the July PPV to restore order if they finally want to give Ryback a win.

Hell in a Cell really was the perfect time. Ryback was over as he's ever been, everyone wanted to see Punk drop the gold, and it would have made an instant star. That said, that whole storyline led to the Shield becoming breakout stars, so it was probably for the best the way things went down.Ryback has said in interviews that he plans on taking over Cena's spot as top dog (outside of the current feud). I don't know how they could possibly reverse the damage that 9 months of high profile losses has caused. He hasn't won a PPV match since defeating Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks at Money in the Bank 2012.

Archived