Raw, 10th June. Payback Go-Home Show

Arch Stanton

Yet another Raw which I fast forwarded through the majority of it, I think I need to take a break from WWE for a while.

Same.I feel so burnt out on WWE at the moment, i start Raw and i'm thinking jesus i have got 2 and a half hours of this to get through.The opening 20 minutes actually made me fucking angry, just stupid, infact anything involving Trips/The McMahons was totally pathetic in my opinion.I dread Bryan getting injured, if he did, i really would jack WWE in i'm sure of it. At this point more than any other my watching is purely habitual.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The opening 20 minutes actually made me fucking angry, just stupid, infact anything involving Trips/The McMahons was totally pathetic in my opinion.

This probably says more about my weird old-school only taste in Wrestling, but after reading the spoilers, that's the only segment i'm interested in watching.

• Paid Members

The whole Colter/Cesaro pairing makes no sense though. Zeb is anti immigration ... and Cesaro is a 'swiss national.'

Yeah, everyone knows the last thing you want is for a heel manager to come across like a hypocrite.
There's an interesting parallel, actually - the Tea Party tend towards the anti-immigration, but only those tricksy little brown people. When you've got some prosperous white German evangelical Christians who just want to pull their children out of mainstream schooling and fill their heads with whatever wankery they hold dear, then the tag team of Obama and Holder are just trying to destroy them. Cesaro being a legal European immigrant, as opposed to Cara, who botched a tope right over the Rio Grande, holds true to the twisted hypocritical values of the Teapartistas.

The opening bit was farcical but hilarious. Bryan-Rollins was the best match on Raw since Punk-Cena, probably even as good. Ryback was decent enough in the end segment, despite Cena's terrible efforts on the mic. There was only one person that looked stupid after all he could muster was "Isn't Ryback stupid? Eh? EH??!!!" Must do better. Vince: "I've got a show to run." So, what's Vickie's job again?The commentary just stopped during Orton-Reigns. They just stopped talking. I can't believe there's three of them and none of them had anything to say, apart from JBL's token "he's a future world champion" that he says about pretty much everyone on the roster.

Having watched the match, and Zeb's commentary, I'm far more in favour of Zeb/Antonio. It seems Zeb is taking the angle of illegals are the issue, not the legal immigrants. That or he's against the hispanics. Either way, I withdraw my concerns

• Paid Members

Or he's against everyone and he uses immigrants as an excuse to to feed his agenda. Like all heels. If Alberto Del Rio wanted to join him and win the World title, he'd go with that as well. Like all heels, their beliefs are there only to further themselves. Bobby Heenan's character hated Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrio, but I bet he'd have loved manage them if they'd have offered. People put to much stock in what makes sense and what doesnt. Sometimes things are supposed to make sense because of who the person is.

Another great week for Bryan. The 'Team RK-No' thing is a nice spanner in the works between Kane and Bryan, I'm thinking a jealous Kane costing them the match at the pay per view would be the best route to go with now opposed to Bryan turning heel which would be a disaster obviously. Not that I want friendly Kane to embrace the hate again but I think this story needs a definitive end with Bryan coming out on top. Fair play to Rollins this week too. He's of the same mold as Punk and being featured in prominent matches on is own at this point is good for him in establishing himself as a separate entity in the same way as Ambrose has.Cesaro looked good this week too, him and Zeb could be decent.

• Paid Members

I love how I mentioned the Cesaro and Zeb pairing a few months ago where everyone ripped the idea to shreds. Glad to see it happen.

You said they should have done the tea party gimmick with Cesaro and Zeb. That idea was rightfully shit on. Introducing a new immigrant hating character by debuting him with a foreigner would have been daft. Cesaro and Zeb together is going from A to B. Debuting him with Cesaro would have been starting him off at B and confusing the issue.

Finished with Raw now, everyone shitting on Michael Cole for his Puerto Rico comment was the highlight. Also, having watched it now, Zeb praises Cesaro for becoming an American citizen legally, and learning to speak English, as opposed to someone like Sin Cara, who pretty much only speaks Spanish and snuck across the border. The pairing actually makes perfect sense, and was explained.

I love how I mentioned the Cesaro and Zeb pairing a few months ago where everyone ripped the idea to shreds. Glad to see it happen.

You said they should have done the tea party gimmick with Cesaro and Zeb. That idea was rightfully shit on. Introducing a new immigrant hating character by debuting him with a foreigner would have been daft. Cesaro and Zeb together is going from A to B. Debuting him with Cesaro would have been starting him off at B and confusing the issue.
My main argument was that the storyline could have been tweaked to fit Cesaro as Swagger is beyond dreadful. It has now and sounds wonderful. I doubt many on here will be fond of the decision as there isn't much love for Double C on this board.

Archived