kofi kingston ready for wwe championship?

children of bodom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Oh no. Credit to him for being over (to a certain extent) for so long. Just seems one dimensional to me. If they can bring something different to him then maybe.Problem is Kofi doesn't come across passionate or too motivated to improve his status but thats just my observation.

No as an extremely casual fan I do not buy into him at all... Are used to watch wrestling every week for 10 years And there are very few proper stars nowadays I have given up on regular viewing. He whenever the main event in my mind but then most of them aren't nowadays

5b1phz.jpg

I can't wait for the WWE belt to have Kofi's golliwog on the sideplates.

Obviously, Kofi winning the big one should happen, but he's been around for over five years now. It's been nearly four years since he's done anything of note besides Rumble/ladder stunts. Apart from that couple of months with Orton, he's been in exactly the same spot on the card since he beat Jericho for the Intercontinental in June 2008. The longer they leave it, the harder it'll be to get him there. It's amazing that he's still as popular as he is when his progression's been so stagnant. But he's got lovely colourful outfits, great music, spectacular signature moves, and he's sympathetic and fun. He's got a lot of the tools.

On the babyface side, Kofi's definitely the guy they should start getting behind and keeping safe from the midcard cycle. Sandow and Barrett on the heel side.

Maybe he'll get a MITB style cash in at the world title at best. I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that the world title is now what the IC belt used to be, the one where you can test to see if someone is ready to carry the main title or give it the borderline main eventer who wont be hurt by eventually putting over a new potential main eventer.

• Paid Members

I've always believed the theory that only angry blacks get the big push in WWE. Only the ones who have the arse to stand up to the daily racial abuse they have to put up with when Michael Hayes takes a trip down Badstreet USA gets the rewards. Kofi seems like to much of a good spirit to get the big push.Its why you dont see many black vs black matches. There was a story knocking about that WWE considers it a "gimmick vs a gimmick".

I think WWE have just designated Kofi in that "good hand" category. They can put him anywhere on a card- midcard, tag team, ladder stunt match, make up the number in a Chamber, bump guy for a monster heel, workrate match to kill time on these marathon Raws- and he'll deliver a good performance. If they make him a main event guy, a WWE champion, they take away a lot of those options. I know Daniel Bryan has managed to do both, but he has much better character/mike skills than Kofi, and he hasn't been a utility player nearly as long.

I like Kofi. Seems like a nice bloke and the crowd reacts to him which is a massive credit to him considering he's done fuck all. He's as sloppy as fuck but it's kind of endearing. He's a perfect example of a midcard4lifer. It's just unfortunate that the midcard means shit these days. Unless he gives his entire in-ring style a makeover there's no way anybody's buying him as a WWE title guy.

• Paid Members

I fucking hate Kofi, so no.Also, is he that over? At least, in the buildings? His whole "boom boom" thing hasn't seemed to get much of a reaction the last few times I've seen him. He's fast forward material for me.

But he's got lovely colourful outfits, great music, spectacular signature moves, and he's sympathetic and fun. He's got a lot of the tools.

Shame he's not really half-way good, because he really does have everything else going for him as you've mentioned. Can't see him being much more than a modern day Tito Santana (though not as good) at this point though,

He's more likely to be released than win the WWE title, maybe he should have gone to TNA at some point and done a Christian, tread water when you come back then be put into the (admittedly lesser) World title sceneAlso due to his name and skin colour he reminds me of Koko B. Ware so he shouldn't be anywhere near the title scene, though he might end up in the HOF I suppose

The only time he ever really got me buying into him, was when he chucked paint over Randy's car, he looked big time for about 5 mins, the crowd loved it, but the bigwigs gave up on it.As has been said, a good comparison is Tito Santana, a good hand, dependable, but will always be a mid carder.

Archived