Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

7 hours ago, Big Benny HG said:

Someone's really put a lot of effort into this; a real labour of love. From what I can see it is every bit of footage ever officially released by FWA. The old 1999-2000 Portsmouth/Halifax/Bolton stuff. The 2001 PortsmouthTV series. Every individual show that was ever released. The TWC series. The 2009 relaunch version.  All with a new little custom intro title screen and music added. Perfectly organised into chronological order in playlists for each year. The TWC series is the 'uncensored' late night version too.

They've even taken stuff that was on compilation tapes (the fan club "exclusive" tape, best ofs, the Northern Exposure tour comp etc.) and even stuff that was only ever released as bonus footage on the Academy and shoot interview tapes, split them off into the individual shows they were originally from and uploaded and labelled them accordingly. 

Was always planning on doing something like this with my own FWA collection, mainly because I wasn't sure anybody else ever would, but now I don't need to bother (and they've managed to get more stuff than I ever had).

The only stuff I know that was filmed that isn't on there is things that weren't ever officially released by FWA themselves - the uncut version of the wonderful Jonny Storm vs. Colt Cabana matchfrom Hotwired 2004, which only appeared in full on Colt Cabana's European Vacation DVD, for instance. I've got a couple of "unofficial" hard cam versions of unreleased shows kicking about somewhere too (the first Enfield show, for example) that aren't on there too.

EDIT: just spotted the first missing one: NOAH Limits 2 from Colchester in 2006. With Bret Hart. Was definitely filmed/released as I have the DVD...

This is fantastic, can't wait to get stuck into this. Really hope it's been done with the correct permission from the owners of the footage so it doesn't get removed. 

• Paid Members

That YouTube channel is superb. I've wanted to rip my VHS collection for years and never got round to it. Who ever did that have two well chuffed thumbs up from me. I haven't seen most of those in years.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Someone, maybe Elisar, has uploaded what seems to be the whole back catalog of the FWA to youtube this week. Like the original and the NEW AND IMPROVED MASSIVE CLASS HONEST! 2009 version of it, than ran a few shows. Madness. Going to have a took through this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrM3g1P3kybBP4XPu-FA3vg/playlists

Well, that's my evenings sorted this week

I have never seen any FWA, but am intrigued after I just went through that YouTube channel and came across a clip of Alex Shane spitting water at boxer Danny Williams.

The shitarse version of Tyson/Austin I assume?

Anyway, I’m in now. What does everyone recommend as a jumping off point?

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I have never seen any FWA, but am intrigued after I just went through that YouTube channel and came across a clip of Alex Shane spitting water at boxer Danny Williams.

The shitarse version of Tyson/Austin I assume?

Anyway, I’m in now. What does everyone recommend as a jumping off point?

Probably British Uprising 1 in my book. To be fair that was my starting point unless you count WrestleXpress or Revival. (both not technically FWA) but it has some ace stuff like Jerry Lynn Vs Doug Williams, AJ Styles Vs Jonny Storm, Balls Mahoney Vs Ulf Herman and Jody Fliesch becoming a babyface legend. (in my mind at least)

EDIT - Just had a butchers and Revival is up as well. Haven't seen that in years. Well worth watching first I'd say. A self contained story in so much as it's a tournament and of course Eddie Guerrero. Highly recommended.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

Uprising 1 is a good shout to start off with, but I'd recommend Revival first to set the tone. It's been a while since I watched it, but seeing as it was produced for Bravo on tv, I'd imagine they give a bit more background to the main wrestlers on there than Uprising would.

The first event I watched/attended was Crunch 2002, then I watched Revival on the telly  and then went to Uprising. The Old school/new school rivalry reached its conclusion not long after Uprising if I recall and the main storyline then turned to Alex Shane/Ulf/Nikita VS The Family, which was tonnes of fun. Also another reason to start with Revival, so you get the Alex Shane/Scott Parker initial feud.