Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Think mine was seeing Corino show up completely unannounced at New Frontiers 2004.

Same - I was a big Raven fan and really into what I'd seen of CM Punk so far, so that was the draw. But the entire show was really good.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:05 PM, Freddyjoe said:

I do believe that Len Davies bought what was left of the rings from Mark Sloan including a 6 sided ring who then ‘gave them’ to Ricky Knight? I’m sure he could confirm this 

He also was given the tri light trussing that Len also bought off Mark. 

i had lens ring when he went to USA and sold it to RDW on his behalf months later 

Final Frontiers would probably be a little less legally iffy and more fitting with Frontiers of Honor and the New Frontiers shows they ran. Funnily enough although before my time and I never saw the guy wrestle I connected with Justin Richards on Instagram recently as he teaches English out there after previously being in China, Talked shop only, didn't talk about wrestling, not even sure he knows i'm a fan.

A reunion show would be fantastic, whose around that could still fill the card?

From the top of my head you've got Jonny Storm, Jody Fleisch, Ricky Knight, Zebra Kidd, Nikita, Simmonz, Ross Jordan, Pac still relatively active

Plus a few that could be tempted back and a couple of imports, would make a half decent show at York Hall or Broxbourne.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, simonworden said:

A reunion show would be fantastic, whose around that could still fill the card?

From the top of my head you've got Jonny Storm, Jody Fleisch, Ricky Knight, Zebra Kidd, Nikita, Simmonz, Ross Jordan, Pac still relatively active

We had some discussion of such back on pages 26/27/28 of this thread.

Enough, is the answer.

Book it!

Is Jack Xavier still about? I'd pay good money to see Zebra Kid beat the H&M t-shirt off of him again. Poor bastard. 

Also, would a small tour work? It's been too long since I made the trip to Horwich Parkway.

Edited by BrodyGraham
Because I'm not double posting.

18 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Is Jack Xavier still about? I'd pay good money to see Zebra Kid beat the H&M t-shirt off of him again. Poor bastard. 

Also, would a small tour work? It's been too long since I made the trip to Horwich Parkway.

I'm afraid Horwich Leisure Centre, as it was, is no more! Here's a photo I took walking past last August.

HgLRCgy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Someone, maybe Elisar, has uploaded what seems to be the whole back catalog of the FWA to youtube this week. Like the original and the NEW AND IMPROVED MASSIVE CLASS HONEST! 2009 version of it, than ran a few shows. Madness. Going to have a took through this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrM3g1P3kybBP4XPu-FA3vg/playlists

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Someone, maybe Elisar, has uploaded what seems to be the whole back catalog of the FWA to youtube this week. Like the original and the NEW AND IMPROVED MASSIVE CLASS HONEST! 2009 version of it, than ran a few shows. Madness. Going to have a took through this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrM3g1P3kybBP4XPu-FA3vg/playlists

Someone's really put a lot of effort into this; a real labour of love. From what I can see it is every bit of footage ever officially released by FWA. The old 1999-2000 Portsmouth/Halifax/Bolton stuff. The 2001 PortsmouthTV series. Every individual show that was ever released. The TWC series. The 2009 relaunch version.  All with a new little custom intro title screen and music added. Perfectly organised into chronological order in playlists for each year. The TWC series is the 'uncensored' late night version too.

They've even taken stuff that was on compilation tapes (the fan club "exclusive" tape, best ofs, the Northern Exposure tour comp etc.) and even stuff that was only ever released as bonus footage on the Academy and shoot interview tapes, split them off into the individual shows they were originally from and uploaded and labelled them accordingly. 

Was always planning on doing something like this with my own FWA collection, mainly because I wasn't sure anybody else ever would, but now I don't need to bother (and they've managed to get more stuff than I ever had).

The only stuff I know that was filmed that isn't on there is things that weren't ever officially released by FWA themselves - the uncut version of the wonderful Jonny Storm vs. Colt Cabana matchfrom Hotwired 2004, which only appeared in full on Colt Cabana's European Vacation DVD, for instance. I've got a couple of "unofficial" hard cam versions of unreleased shows kicking about somewhere too (the first Enfield show, for example) that aren't on there too.

EDIT: just spotted the first missing one: NOAH Limits 2 from Colchester in 2006. With Bret Hart. Was definitely filmed/released as I have the DVD...

Edited by Big Benny HG