Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

What I want to know is, what happened to Jewish Darren? He always used to be around that scene. Not sure if he worked FWA shows or not though. I remember topics about him on TWO, seemed like a nice chap.

He wrestled a fair bit afterwards as Tex Benedict and he was training at LDN for a little while when working for them. Last I heard he'd moved to the USA I think and possibly even gotten married.He was a really top bloke, one of the nicest guys I met while training years ago.

Can't possibly miss this opportunity to plug the book for those who haven't read it yet.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holy-Grail-British...il+greg+lambertIt's also on Kindle.

Internet forum awareness is the holy grail to them.
Nah, not any more. Learned the hard way about that. It's just one of many ways to make people aware of your product, and certainly not the best way. I would be stupid to ignore it altogether though. Edited by Victor Is God

I have fond memories of the shows I attended back in the Morecambe Dome (2003-04). Hearing a building of 300 people, grandparents and all, chanting "you suck balls" at newcomer Leroy Kincade was priceless. I also remeber a friend of mine bringing a large cardboard penis to the show and thrusting it at poor Leroy's head while he writhed on the floor in pain. Wasn't his best day at the office. Corino and Cabana were highly amused at signing the afore mentioned cardboard cock

Beyond that all I have to say is that this thread should really just be about Buttercup:

3223673816_d095014403.jpg

:thumbsup:

Here's a question for everyone, who was the most underrated wrestler in the FWA? Someone who should of gone further but is now not even working in the business?My pick - Guy Thunder, he had the look and for a big man could move, he lacked charisma but in the right role could of done really well. I also think Jorge Castano and Scotty Rock were under used, they tore the house down with the likes of Jodie and Jonny. I also think the New Breed were a hell of a team who frequently tore the house down.It sucks but politics kept a lot of these guys out of the FWA.

Jorge Castano is still in the business. Saw him a couple of weeks ago on an AWW card. I think he's regularly worked All Star shows since his FWA days ended but don't quote me on that.

I too remember Chip Shop Boy, Chip Shop Drop etc lol, was hilarious, good show as well, I remember an FWA show where Mikey Whipwreck nearly got burnt to death right next to me, remember marking out big time to Justin Credible coming to the ring, I loved his theme song back in the day, still on my MP3 player,

• Paid Members

I too remember Chip Shop Boy, Chip Shop Drop etc lol, was hilarious, good show as well, I remember an FWA show where Mikey Whipwreck nearly got burnt to death right next to me, remember marking out big time to Justin Credible coming to the ring, I loved his theme song back in the day, still on my MP3 player,

You don't, as it was Paul Travell getting burned by the hapless twat Whipwreck and his downright stupidity.

• Paid Members

You don't, as it was Paul Travell getting burned by the hapless twat Whipwreck and his downright stupidity.
What happened here? I

• Paid Members

Can't possibly miss this opportunity to plug the book for those who haven't read it yet.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holy-Grail-British...il+greg+lambertIt's also on Kindle.

This would be the mentality of why Alex Shane and his ilk will amount to nothing despite how many ventures they try their hat at: Internet forum awareness is the holy grail to them. When Greg saw this topic, instead of contributing, his dick got hard for three Kindle sales...
Why piss on his parade? He's had a book published that some people on this foum have enjoyed. Good on him.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the original FWA as a whole. Saw some good wrestling, met some really nice people from off here. It really went down hill from Uprising 2 onwards until the end. The relaunch was for the most part pretty gash, lots of bullshit about becoming the number 1 wrestling company in the world by wrestling at Thorpe Park in front of 8 disinterested people, and don't forget all FWA wrestlers will have their black armbands to show how good they are. I know 1 wrestler who got his black armband because he had a car and drove people about.

• Paid Members

What happened here? I

• Paid Members

They even censored it in the video. I use the word video correctly. Alex Shane didn't believe that people north of Watford could afford DVD players

Another thing that was surprisingly cack about FWA.VH bloody SAnd their inclination to release things as part one and part two

I only remember that with British Uprising 1. I never saw any others released as part one & part two, though doing it once was enough of a con and I assume it backfired on them and they never tried it again.Back on Greg's book, I ordered it on Amazon because of his shill in this thread. Been meaning to pick up for a while and almost got it when he shilled it at PCW but was low on cash and now seems a good time to read it but I probably would've forgotten to order it and blown my money on something else if it wasn't for his reminder. Besides since he "shilled rather than contributing anything of value to the conversation" what do you expect him to say? Something he's already covered in his book on a free forum? Any other successful business tips?