Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

I think it’s their match at British Uprising 1 for the All-England Title. Both got entrances. I didn’t attend the show so don’t know if there was an angle that preceded the match where Hade Vansen was in the crowd. If there was it didn’t make the DVD (now YouTube upload).

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Is that Hade Vansen vs Zebra Kid the one where Hade Vansen was in the crowd ("he bought a ticket, JR!") and was in full gear, wrist tape and all?

It's because he knew he'd get the match. He'd seen the prophecy after all.

hqdefault.jpg

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, fugaziuk said:

Is the Kidman,Jody & Johnny - 3 way dance online anywhere?

Kidman was in FWA, really? Don't remember that at all. Thought he was in WCW or WWE during FWA's run.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:36 PM, Big Benny HG said:

The White Swan was a decent boozer too, but that was a bit further up, right on the high street, and not many Civic Hall goers made it that far up.  There's even a Wetherspoons on the high street now, which wasn' there back in the day...

Wetherspoons used to be The Salisbury, which was THE pub to go to back in the day in Hoddesdon. A couple of hours there to start your Friday night before stumbling over to Faces nightclub across the road 

The Golden Lion was/is shit. Tiny and very 'local'. White Swan is ok, get some live music in there often. You also had The Bell which was shite but easy to get in if you were underage.

I bumped into Gillian Tayleforth just the one time- in the curry house near the Golden Lion. Her other half (Geoff something) was pissed up and wouldn't stop coming over to our table to chat incoherently, so she had to keep coming over and apologising for him. He's dead now.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Kidman was in FWA, really? Don't remember that at all. Thought he was in WCW or WWE during FWA's run.

Yeah, he did the Colchester show that Bret Hart appeared at, and Yone and Morishima had a tag match with Doug and I forget whom else.