Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Statto said:

The Bulk was working until relatively recently, but don’t think he’s currently active?

Met him very briefly at a Ginger Wildheart gig a couple of years back and he mentioned being retired, but I saw a photo the other day on Facebook of some Wildhearts-inspired new ring gear he was going to be sporting, so I would assume he's still fairly active. 

• Paid Members

Ross Jordan/RJ Singh is out of the game right now for family reasons, but has put something up on Twitter in the last 24 hours suggesting a comeback - obviously inspired by the prospect of an FWA One Night Stand!

Learned from the replies to his post that Stixx WAS retired, but came back a year or so ago, so he'd be an option for FWA ONS.

I was under the impression that Simmonz was only doing outside the ring stuff currently, but I might be wrong.

Flash Barker is so awesome it wouldn't matter if he's retired, he'd still walk into FWA ONS & destroy anyone he wanted.

Edited by Statto
Typos.

• Paid Members

Just off the top of my head, and from my era of the FWA (and there’s bound to be more from the later era, including Haskins, Redman & PJ Black), you could use:

Doug Williams, Jonny Storm, Jody Fleisch, Kev O’Neill, Dominator, Brandon Thomas, Wade Fitzgerald, Olly Burns, James Tighe, Nikita, Rishi Ghosh, RJ Singh, Stixx, Greg Burridge, & Roy Knight.

Plus Andy Simmons, James Tighe, Max Voltage, and others have all been active recently

2 hours ago, Tuna Taco said:

Andy Quildan and Andy Boy Simmonz have been talking about the FWA revival on their podcast recently, and have mentioned this thread (and the ammount of workers who used to lurk and post under pseudonyms haha)

Is there any list of the pseudonyms? Love to know who was who. I'm out of the loop with the UK scene these days but is it safe to say the separation between fan and worker/working in the business back then was a lot more blended online than it is today?

While it's true that a lot of the FWA's original fanbase (of whichever incarnation) will have either moved on from wrestling or entered the biz, I think a one-off show marketed correctly could draw a good chunk of newer BritWres fans who know (or can be taught) of the FWA only through reputation.

Treat it as a tribute to the "uprising" of modern British wrestling, push the wider context of the brand and this event, and I reckon the more hardcore fans of Progress, RPW, etc, could be enticed to place themselves in a historic moment whether they have personal memories of the FWA or not.

They might not be the ones to start all the right chants on the night, but they'll be eager to join in to feel part of something they regret missing, and to experience the roots of something they feel just as passionate about today.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Tuna Taco said:

Andy Quildan and Andy Boy Simmonz have been talking about the FWA revival on their podcast recently, and have mentioned this thread (and the ammount of workers who used to lurk and post under pseudonyms haha)

I remember Simmonz himself was 'Simba' on here, usually praising Simmonz matches!