Which Game/Quiz Show Would You Like To Go On?

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Pointless for me aswell, I got someone to agree to apply with me but the whole application process was so long and detailed that we both lost interest, would be a mare travelling over for it and such, I do like the show though.

• Paid Members

Pointless for me as well. Tried to convince my family years ago to go on Family Fortunes, to no such luck. Been on a couple of Radio Quizzes in the past, mostly on local radio though. (Was on the winning side of "Who Knows Wins" on BBC Newcastle back in 2000) and I've been to watch Deal or No Deal in 2009.

• Awards Moderator

Pointless for me as well. I don't know who I'd have applying with me though, probably someone who knows all about sport, but I don't know many people like that...Supermarket Sweep was mentioned a couple of posts ago, I always wanted to have a go at that when I was younger.

• Paid Members

I had a try out for Dirty Rotten Cheater, a short lived play on a family fortunes type game. I never made the show as I was so dull. I'd love to go on pointless with our Baz or the chase, a grand day out they both look

• Paid Members

My hopes and dreams (and probable embarrassment) were dashed, right in front of me - my university (Bangor) held open trials for University Challenge, and a mate convinced me to do it, as we'd be financing our eating and drinking by winning the local pub quiz each week. The questions didn't seem too hard, but it's UC, so I thought I had no chance, because I can seldom answer any of the questions on the show. I actually won the try out, and got a call from the college asking me to be captain of the team - however, they looked at my info, and asked me when I graduated. It was a few months away, I explained, but I'd been told that if you tried out as a student, they'd just fudge it and make it look like you were still there, even if you were a recent graduate. Untrue, said the uni rep, and whoever told me that was totally in the wrong. I was out, and soon, so were Bangor.I'd love to go on Jeopardy, but the questions obviously skew Yank, so I would lose out on knowing where national parks were.

Archived