Doug Williams released from TNA

Dr.Fever

Just heard Doug Williams has been released from TNA,

Doug tweeted - "Thank you to all the great fans support during the past four years. Time for bigger and better things," and "A huge shame I won't get the chance to train with Rampage Jackson. What an honour that could have been."

Another talent wasted by one of the big companies, when we have some crap unbelievably wrestlers week in, week out - a guy like him gets wasted, then dropped.

Another talent wasted by one of the big companies, when we have some crap unbelievably wrestlers week in, week out - a guy like him gets wasted, then dropped.

Oh come on now. If he has been released from TNA, he had a good run in the company for a number of years holding gold, being featured on PPV and given plenty of opportunities. He is 40 now, he is no doubt proud of what he has achieved which is far greater than most.

As much as I enjoy Doug's occasional appearances for TNA, and as much as I think he's a great wrestler, you would have to say he's probably had as good a career as you could expect. He was never the biggest or most charismatic guy, has been sporting quite a belly for the last few years, and his style was never one that the US fans really got behind.Hopefully he's been saving his pennies, and like others have said I could see him getting a job with WWE as a trainer, by all accounts he's really good at it.

As much as I'd love him to become a regular on the UK scene, (especially as he is the current PCW champion) I hope he gets a good solid gig. Not entirely sure that he is up WWE's street as they could have potentially bought him in as an older veteran type on TV similar to Taylor back in the mid 2000's; to give him a job as a trainer without experience as a WWE/WCW performer would seem a bit out of the blue. Then again, Robbie Brookside is a favourite of WWE these days, I'm guessing he has a good track record in training compared to Williams though?

• Paid Members

Never seen any of his stuff outside of TNA, but he arrived with big time hype (like any British wrestler that's half decent) and was pretty good. He was a solid midcard attraction and certainly one of the best X Division champions they've had in recent years. His run as the cheat that was above cheating was really well done.The X Division could still use him, actually. At least he had a bit of character about him.

Archived