UFC 162: 'Silva vs Weidman'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anderson didn't seem to have any real intention of going in for the kill, rather avoid Weidman's strength's and throw the odd pot shot.

I put that down as being part of a very sensible gameplan, one that we have seen many times before from Silva.

I think it was all part of a gameplan going into the fight.

Of course people will say Silva was dancing around like a disrespectful prick....he pretty much was. But he had to be at least a little worried about Weidman on the ground, so he had to turn it into a stand up battle, tire Weidman out and get into his head - he had achieved all 3 before he got laid out. I think even if Silva came in and did the same thing again he would win more times than he'd lose, the style helps defend the take down and if he's a little bit more aggresive I think he'll finish Weidman within two rounds. He got caught, he was bound to eventually prancing around like that. I still think Silva is the better fighter and will prove it in December. I actually don't mind Weidman, he's came across as a nice enough guy and he's a Serra guy, but I don't think he's got what it takes to be champion for a long time.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

On a a bit of a different note, I haven't been able to stop listening to Tom Petty's 'Won't Back Down' since hearing it as Weidman's walk out track.

The track just fitted so perfectly into the whole moment of that fight and the fact that it's brilliant doesn't harm it.

Enjoy! (If you don't, shame on you all! ;)

On a a bit of a different note, I haven't been able to stop listening to Tom Petty's 'Won't Back Down' since hearing it as Weidman's walk out track.

The track just fitted so perfectly into the whole moment of that fight and the fact that it's brilliant doesn't harm it.

Enjoy! (If you don't, shame on you all! ;)

I echo this 100%

I haven't stopped listening to the song, it's my favourite UFC entrance song now.

Archived